From: John H Meyers on
On 3/21/2010 9:19 PM, Thomas (Tom) Skoropad wrote:

> This not only occurs with older attachments copied from my desktop...

What do you mean? Do _incoming_ attachments ever appear on your desktop?

> but new links in current emails. Example below will open when clicked
> but when right clicked and delete selected Eudora says
> "Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk"
>
> file://c:\program%20files\qualcomm\eudora\attach\IMG_0527.jpg

That looks more like a "link" in HTML, rather than a file path.
Do you find that string in your mailbox file?

Who sends you attachments with names like IMG_0527.jpg ?

Try turning off "use Microsoft's viewer"

Try creating a direct shortcut to your attachments folder on your desktop,
so that you can immediately open that folder at any time.

From: Stan Bischof on
John H Meyers <jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

> Who sends you attachments with names like IMG_0527.jpg ?

That part's easy- almost any digital camera will
create names like this - generic suffix with photos
numbered sequentially.

Clearly sender emailed photo from digital camera.

Stan
From: Thomas (Tom) Skoropad on
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:56:52 -0500, John H Meyers
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On 3/21/2010 9:19 PM, Thomas (Tom) Skoropad wrote:
>
>> This not only occurs with older attachments copied from my desktop...
>
>What do you mean? Do _incoming_ attachments ever appear on your desktop?

I mean desktop computer.

>> but new links in current emails. Example below will open when clicked
>> but when right clicked and delete selected Eudora says
>> "Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk"
>>
>> file://c:\program%20files\qualcomm\eudora\attach\IMG_0527.jpg
>
>That looks more like a "link" in HTML, rather than a file path.
>Do you find that string in your mailbox file?

Doh... Actual file path is

C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\Eudora\attach\IMG_0527.jpg

>Who sends you attachments with names like IMG_0527.jpg ?

A photography buddy of mine.

>Try turning off "use Microsoft's viewer"
>Try creating a direct shortcut to your attachments folder on your desktop,
>so that you can immediately open that folder at any time.

I still have to install version 7, and would rather it be a clean
separate install. I'll copy data over as needed. Can't recall but does
the installer give the option for a separate data folder?

Thanks,
Tom
www.teskordesign.ca
First  |  Prev  |