From: Paul Tiwana on
Dear friends.
When I download a message, it appears in bare text format, but in
Yahoo, it shows the Hindi fonts (unicode) if they are aprt of the
text.
How can they appear so in Eudora, Plz advise

Paul
tiwana(a)eastlink.ca
From: Han on
Paul Tiwana <tiwanaX(a)eastlink.ca> wrote in

> Dear friends.
> When I download a message, it appears in bare text format, but in
> Yahoo, it shows the Hindi fonts (unicode) if they are aprt of the
> text.
> How can they appear so in Eudora, Plz advise
>
> Paul
> tiwana(a)eastlink.ca

This is one of the worst aspects of Eudora. No unicode. No biggie for me,
but it is for others like you (sorry). The closest you could come is to
use Eudora 8, which is a semi-beta version of Thunderbird 3 (I believe),
pretending to be like Eudora (i.e., it has a Eudora-like gui). I have
never used Eudora8 succesfully, tried it in the very beginning and ran away
FAST!! But your mileage may very ...
--
Best regards
Han
From: Andrew Price on
On 20 Mar 2010 12:17:24 GMT, Han <nobody(a)nospam.not> wrote:

>This is one of the worst aspects of Eudora. No unicode.

Yep. The reason why I regretfully switched to Thunderbird.
From: John H Meyers on
On 3/20/2010 4:41 PM, Andrew Price wrote:

>> This is one of the worst aspects of Eudora. No unicode.

Actually UTF-8.

> Yep. The reason why I regretfully switched to Thunderbird.

Well, you can have Eudora back again (sort of),
if you like "Thundora" a/k/a "Eudora 8," which uses
the same mail and settings as Thunderbird,
because it actually is Thunderbird,
with more features added by original Eudora developers.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Eudora_Releases

From: Norman B. Grover on
In article <nl59q5hilnpt9itdrmat91nv6pedug7b0p(a)4ax.com>, tiwanaX(a)eastlink.ca
says...
> Dear friends.
> When I download a message, it appears in bare text format, but in
> Yahoo, it shows the Hindi fonts (unicode) if they are aprt of the
> text.
> How can they appear so in Eudora, Plz advise
>
> Paul
> tiwana(a)eastlink.ca

Dear Paul,
You may want to have a look at the UTF8ISO plugin:
http://www.windharp.de/software/utf8iso.zip
--

Norman B. Grover
Jerusalem, Israel