From: Paul Tiwana on
Thank u very much for your replies and advice.

Now, the next question.
Is TB better email program than Eudora ?
If yes, what way

I m thinking to move to TB.
Plz advise

From: John H Meyers on
On 3/22/2010 4:55 AM, Paul Tiwana wrote:

> Is TB a better email program than Eudora ?

Is "Eudora 8" a better program than "Eudora 7"?

Well, "Eudora 8" _is_ Thunderbird (or "Thundora") anyway,
and since its programs, mail and settings
are all in separate storage locations from "Eudora 7,"
you can use these in parallel and decide for yourself
(be sure to "leave mail on server" in each,
so that both can download your mail).

You can even _also_ use Thunderbird 3,
whose mail and settings are stored in common with "Eudora 8,"
but whose programs are entirely separate
(do not install program files for any of these three
on top of any of the others).

From: Andrew Price on
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 09:55:37 GMT, Paul Tiwana <tiwanaX(a)eastlink.ca>
wrote:

>Thank u very much for your replies and advice.
>
>Now, the next question.
>Is TB better email program than Eudora ?
>If yes, what way

In my view, the only thing TB does better than Eudora is to handle
utf-8 correctly.

In every other aspect, the user interface, set-up and use of filters,
and text handling (especially automatic re-wrapping of selected text
in quotes) of Eudora is far better.

>I m thinking to move to TB.
>Plz advise

I'd only advise moving if, like me, you receive an ever-increasing
number of emails in utf-8, to the point where it becomes a nuisance.

You can always download TB and run it in parallel for a while (telling
it to leave your mail on the server so that you can also retrieve it
in Eudora) such that you can form a opinion yourself.
From: Patricia Hughes on
Paul Tiwana wrote:
> Thank u very much for your replies and advice.
>
> Now, the next question.
> Is TB better email program than Eudora ?
> If yes, what way
>
> I m thinking to move to TB.
> Plz advise
>> Paul
>> tiwana(a)eastlink.ca

As others have said, TB's main advantage is in its ability to handle
UTF-8 mails. You can run it in parallel so that you can read the UTF-8
mails and throw away the rest (don't forget to "Leave mail on server"!).

The other advantage that TB has is that it's cross-platform, so if you
have e.g., Ubuntu on one machine, say a netbook, and Windows on another,
then you can use the same program and, in theory at least, access/copy
the same mailboxes, address book and even calendar stuff if you install
the Lightning add-on.

Cheers
Patricia