From: jerryys on
thanks i will try a reinstall to be able to use the package and deploy wizard.
i wonder why MS does not specify in their download instructions that SP6
contains all previous fixes even though it is a much smaller download.
I cannot find where to turn off Aero so I can see if thats my shake problem
when i drag over a control and place it on the form. help function offered by
Dell states many things about Aero, but not how to shut off. it does say
some things
are automaticaly contrrolled for visual presentation.

thanks

jerryys

From: Ralph on
jerryys wrote:
> thanks i will try a reinstall to be able to use the package and
> deploy wizard. i wonder why MS does not specify in their download
> instructions that SP6 contains all previous fixes even though it is a
> much smaller download.
> I cannot find where to turn off Aero so I can see if thats my shake
> problem when i drag over a control and place it on the form. help
> function offered by Dell states many things about Aero, but not how
> to shut off. it does say
> some things
> are automaticaly contrrolled for visual presentation.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-aero-on-windows-vista/

Mind you, I have no personal experience with any problems. Turning off Aero
is just something that is often suggested.

-ralph

From: David Youngblood on
"jerryys" <jerryys(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote.

> also i notice that the cursor is literally shaky when i drag a control to
> the form while using vb6. any ideas?

Try going to the vb6.exe filr properties Compatibility tab and check the
"Disable Desktop Composition" box.

David

From: jerryys on
thanks i will try. any ideas as to the deployment wizard not working but just
hanging with a PDMAN 98 not responding. but when i move the same project
file
to a 32 bit system the wizard works great, so its not in the project file
generated
in the 64 bit system. thanks

jerryys
..

From: jerryys on
thanks i will try. reinstalled and same problem. any ideas as to the