From: Nobody on
"jerryys" <jerryys(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> thanks i will try. reinstalled and same problem. any ideas as to the
> deployment wizard not working but just hanging with a PDMAN 98 not
> responding.

Try Inno Setup instead which looks more modern:

http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

http://www.jrsoftware.org/iskb.php?vb

From: Ralph on
jerryys wrote:
> thanks i will try. reinstalled and same problem. any ideas as to the
> deployment wizard not working but just hanging with a PDMAN 98 not
> responding. but when i move the same project file
> to a 32 bit system the wizard works great, so its not in the project
> file generated
> in the 64 bit system. thanks
>
> jerryys

I'm assuming you are getting this error within the Wizard.

You might try running the program directly from the command line.
[I don't have access to VB6 atm... so this is 'Air Code'.]

Do a "Pdcmdln.exe /?" this will provide a list of the options.

You will invoke it using something like this ...
PDCmdLn.exe C:\Project1\Project1.vbp /p "MyPackage"
/d MyRelease /l "C:\Project1\MyLog.log"
[You might want to use other options.]

Doing this within the same context - should give a better view of what might
be going wrong. Permissions, missing components, can't reads, ????

If you are still getting errors, using the tools from
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/default.aspx
may help to further locate the problem.

-ralph

From: MikeD on

> thanks i will try. any ideas as to the deployment wizard not working but
> just
> hanging with a PDMAN 98 not responding. but when i move the same project
> file
> to a 32 bit system the wizard works great, so its not in the project file
> generated
> in the 64 bit system. thanks

Please quit asking the same question over and over. That's at least 3 that I
count now (and one of those multiposted to a different newsgroup). You're
just making things harder on people.

--
Mike

From: jerryys on
thanks i believe this is definitely the way to go. i wonder since many have
installed vb6 on 64 bit vista, etc. have they ever tried the deployment
wizard?

jerryys

From: jerryys on
thank you very much for the links.