Prev: Dhrystone
Next: Learning Ada
From: Simon Wright on
Ada novice <posts(a)gmx.us> writes:

> On Jul 26, 9:46 pm, Simon Wright <si...(a)pushface.org> wrote:
>

>> Mine was part of GNAT GPL 2010, but on Mac OS X LAPACK and BLAS come
>> with the OS; I suspect that on Windows they don't.
>
> No they don't come pre-installed with windows. This means that the
> "mathematical functions" that I have from BLAS /LAPACK in the GNAT
> folder is the subset of the full versions that you have on your MAC OS
> X.

Not quite, I think.

BLAS/LAPACK are what they are, I don't for a moment suppose that AdaCore
have gone to the trouble of subsetting them to suit their
needs. Instead, they've implemented Annex G using bindings to
BLAS/LAPACK, and Annex G only requires a limited set of bindings.

Remember, I provided a binding to a LAPACK subroutine that isn't used
by the Annex G bindings, and it worked for you!
From: Ada novice on
On Jul 27, 2:24 pm, Peter Hermann <h...(a)h.de> wrote:

> YC,
> Maybe you open your identity to TEAM-...(a)LISTSERV.ACM.ORG
> at least?
> ph

I don't know what settings I have regarding my identity. How do I open
my identity to TEAM-...(a)LISTSERV.ACM.ORG?

> Ada novice <po...(a)gmx.us> seems to be anonymous.
> My Email did not arrive, as expected.

Were you trying to send me an email?

Thanks
YC
From: Ada novice on
On Jul 27, 7:33 pm, Simon Wright <si...(a)pushface.org> wrote:

> Not quite, I think.
>
> BLAS/LAPACK are what they are, I don't for a moment suppose that AdaCore
> have gone to the trouble of subsetting them to suit their
> needs. Instead, they've implemented Annex G using bindings to
> BLAS/LAPACK, and Annex G only requires a limited set of bindings.
>
> Remember, I provided a binding to a LAPACK subroutine that isn't used
> by the Annex G bindings, and it worked for you!

I get your point. So maybe the full set exists. I need to take a look
closer at i-forbla.ad(b,s), i-forlap.ads which refer to the BLAS/
LAPACK in the GNAT >....> Adainclude folder.

Thanks.
YC
From: Ada novice on
On Jul 27, 9:43 am, Georg Bauhaus <rm-host.bauh...(a)maps.futureapps.de>
wrote:

> Help Menu -> Gprbuild -> Gprbuild User's Guide

Thanks for pointing out this link in GPS. I thought it was only
available online.

YC
From: Ada novice on
On Jul 27, 9:27 am, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...(a)dmitry-kazakov.de>
wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:50:48 -0700 (PDT), Ada novice wrote:
> > On Jul 25, 7:06 pm, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...(a)dmitry-kazakov.de>
> > wrote:
>
> >> With C files you do:
>
> >> gcc -c c_file.c
> >> gnatmake -c main_ada_file.adb
> >> gnatbind main_ada_file.ali
> >> gnatlink main_ada_file.ali c_file.o
>
> > I was wondering if it's possible to do the above in GPS through
> > "projects" as we did with the library (where 2 projects were created).
> > It would be great if the above could be done within GPS.
>
> It is possible if you have GPS/gprbuild with multiple languages support:
> You specify in your project file:
>
>    for Languages use ("Ada", "C");
>
> (I don't know if GNAT GPL 2010 already includes this. GNAT Pro does and, I
> guess that Debian Linux GNAT does it as well)

Thanks. I think so. In project properties (GPS in GNAT GPL), one can
specify languages such as Ada, C..Fortran etc. So I need to test it.

Yes, I'll need to llok into the GPRbuild user Guide.

YC

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Prev: Dhrystone
Next: Learning Ada