Prev: .NET
Next: Allphones scam?
From: Rod Speed on
z1 wrote
> Doug Jewell wrote

>> I'm sure if govco required logging of access data, they would also
>> require net-cafe's & libraries to log who used it and when. It'd
>> probably come with a requirement on ISP's to block domestic VPN
>> traffic & proxies too.

> so what the filter don't catch, the logging will.

> it will be death to bittorrenting I suppose.

Bet it isnt.

Its just more utterly mindless hyperventilation.

They wont ever ban domestic VPN traffic either.

From: Rod Speed on
terryc wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 07:20:10 +0800, Clocky wrote:
>
>> Rod Speed wrote:
>
>>> Usual terminal govt stupidity. Anyone with even half a clue that
>>> wants to conceal their use of the net would just use the library
>>> net service or a net cafe.

>> Useless if they keep records of usage of their systems, or are made to.

> And a few have/are getting surveillance cameras.

Completely trivial to avoid those.

Legally in NSW those have to have signs advising that surveillance is in operation.

From: terryc on
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 17:15:12 +1000, Rod Speed wrote:

> terryc wrote:

>>> Useless if they keep records of usage of their systems, or are made
>>> to.
>
>> And a few have/are getting surveillance cameras.
>
> Completely trivial to avoid those.

Trivial in the sense of?
Going to the next one?

From: terryc on
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 13:30:58 +0930, annily wrote:

> Aren't they talking about web browsing and email? What's that got to do
> with BT?

that was what I understood, just the url and from/to information, no data
content.

Actually, if it is just the to/from, it would be useless and would have
to be the whole header(could get large there).

Closed list that doesn't pass on the source any one.

From: terryc on
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 17:11:54 +1000, Rod Speed wrote:

> How could they possibly inspect all the records of every net cafe and
> library in Sydney for example ?

They wont. they will just inspect the one used by the person(s) of
interest.

> We saw the same completely mindless claims about requiring a proper id
> when buying a mobile phone etc and it turns out that anyone with even
> half a clue can get one anonymously any time they like.

So how do you do that?

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: .NET