From: Peter Olcott on
On 5/27/2010 12:15 PM, Pete Delgado wrote:
> "Peter Olcott"<NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote in message
>> On 5/19/2010 12:09 PM, Pete Delgado wrote:
>>> "Peter Olcott"<NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote in message

>>> I'll be happy to look for the code on the 27th!
>>>
>>> -Pete
>>>

>> It may before then. I learned on a prior job that it is best to under
>> promise and over deliver.
>
> Peter,
> I notice that you have not delivered on your promise and have not posted
> your code. The 27th was chosen because it is a day *after* the week you
> stated that you needed to complete the code.
>
> Have you posted the code and I have simply missed it??
>
> -Pete

http://www.ocr4screen.com/UTF8.cpp
Totally untested.
From: Peter Olcott on
On 5/27/2010 9:08 PM, Peter Olcott wrote:
> On 5/27/2010 12:15 PM, Pete Delgado wrote:
>> "Peter Olcott"<NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote in message

>>> It may before then. I learned on a prior job that it is best to under
>>> promise and over deliver.
>>
>> Peter,
>> I notice that you have not delivered on your promise and have not posted
>> your code. The 27th was chosen because it is a day *after* the week you
>> stated that you needed to complete the code.
>>
>> Have you posted the code and I have simply missed it??
>>
>> -Pete
>>

> http://www.ocr4screen.com/UTF8.cpp
> Totally untested.
It also needs this file:
http://www.ocr4screen.com/Array2D.h
From: Pete Delgado on

"Peter Olcott" <NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote in message
it.

>> Again, removing the context of the wager, the claim that you will have
>> written code with specific performance characteristics, won't work here.
>> Anyone can view the thread to see what you have done.
>>

> You don't know much about written contracts do you?

Peter,
If your studies with regard to contract law are on par with your programming
studies, I suspect that you once browsed the legal section at the local
Barnes and Noble and now consider yourself a legal expert! All you need to
do now is pass the bar right???

BTW: I noticed that you posted some code and at least had the decency to
cite the original source! rotfl... that hardly qualifies as *original work*,
but then at this point I suppose that I should be happy that you posted
anything at all!

-Pete

From: Peter Olcott on
On 5/27/2010 10:39 PM, Pete Delgado wrote:
> "Peter Olcott"<NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote in message
> it.
>>>
>>> Again, removing the context of the wager, the claim that you will have
>>> written code with specific performance characteristics, won't work here.
>>> Anyone can view the thread to see what you have done.
>>>

>> You don't know much about written contracts do you?
>
> Peter,
> If your studies with regard to contract law are on par with your programming
> studies, I suspect that you once browsed the legal section at the local
> Barnes and Noble and now consider yourself a legal expert! All you need to
> do now is pass the bar right???
>
> BTW: I noticed that you posted some code and at least had the decency to
> cite the original source! rotfl... that hardly qualifies as *original work*,
> but then at this point I suppose that I should be happy that you posted
> anything at all!
>
> -Pete

There are two files numb skull. I will add the copyright notice now so
no other morons make this same mistake.
From: Liviu on
"Pete Delgado" <Peter.Delgado(a)NoSpam.com> wrote...

>>> Again, removing the context of the wager, the claim that you will
>>> have written code with specific performance characteristics, won't
>>> work here. Anyone can view the thread to see what you have done.
>
> BTW: I noticed that you posted some code and at least had the decency
> to cite the original source! rotfl... that hardly qualifies as
> *original work*, but then at this point I suppose that I should be
> happy that you posted anything at all!

Heh... I believe the original part can be reduced to

int main() {
return 0;
}

since the rest would be discarded by any half-decent compiler/linker
in an optimizing mood. If Peter cared to profile that at all, it would
score sky high performance, for sure. Take that, you naysayers ;-)

Liviu