Prev: ircbrute
Next: Ironic
From: MZB on
Beaure:

Oh. I got the email at my personal account from my Yahoo account. (My
personal account is listed in my Yahoo address book). So, can't I use that?
I am just another recipient, right?

I ran Avira and nothing showed up. I'll run Malwarebytes next. I did change
my Yahoo password.

Mel

From: MZB on
David:

I wonder how that happens. They somehow got my Yahoo email address (easy)
and my Yahoo password. Hmmmm

Mel

From: MZB on
It says 10.10.200.6
Whois mentions it is IANA(Internet Assigned Numbers Authority) out of Marina
Del Rey (Calif).
Not sure what this means.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "MZB" <moo(a)noway.prudigy.net>

| David:

| I wonder how that happens. They somehow got my Yahoo email address (easy)
| and my Yahoo password. Hmmmm

| Mel

Multiple ways now...

Scenario 1:
Your PC is infected with Malware. It scans your IE and FireFox password stores and steals
credentials, including your "Yahoo! Account". The credentials are then sent to a third
party web site to be parked and waiting for pickup. The Malicious actor gathers
credentials and uses them against you and for his gain.

Scenario 2:
You are infected with a keylogging trojan. It catures and your keystokes and and then the
credentials are sent to a third party web site to be parked and waiting for pickup. The
Malicious actor gathers those credentials and...

Scenario 3:
You advertanly realeased the account information.

To name a few...

--
Dave

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "MZB" <moo(a)noway.prudigy.net>

| It says 10.10.200.6
| Whois mentions it is IANA(Internet Assigned Numbers Authority) out of Marina
| Del Rey (Calif).
| Not sure what this means.

| Mel

That's a private address on the LAN side of a NAT Router.

--
Dave

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4