From: Big Bill on

No, really, what does it mean?

BB
From: Dr.Hal0nf1r�$ on
Big Bill wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:17:27 -0800, "nooneyouknow"
> <nooneyouknow(a)spam.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Big Bill wrote:

>>> Ah, that's good thanks, I didn't get any joy really from the others.
>>> Interestingly for the observers here I had a look at msconfig, just
>>> to see what I could see, didn't alter anything as I couldn't see
>>> anything amiss, rebooted and was stuck in safe mode. Tried
>>> rebooting into mot recent working config, still safe mode. System
>>> Restore didn't seem to be working, I got the message where it says
>>> it can't protect your computer which usually means it wasn't
>>> turned on. I used Barts to get in under the radar and restored a
>>> backed up copy of the registry (ERUNT). That simply made no
>>> difference. Hmmmm. Perplexed me a bit, that. I ran Spybot which
>>> found a dialer which I got rid of but that made no difference, I
>>> then ran malwarebytes which made no difference either but I did
>>> notice I had loads of backups for system restore, snapshots etc.
>>> Odd if it wasn't working! I ran msconfig in safe mode and tried
>>> system restore from there. It was working from there! It got my
>>> machine running again. How odd that SR worked and ERUNT didn't -
>>> what does that signify, anyone?
>>
>> It signifies that relic was right; you're dangerous.
>
> No, really, what does it mean?

It means that you should Google "System Restore" and "ERUNT" and learn the
difference.

--
Sharron Field

Owner and Creator of kkomp.com
http://kkomp.com

Follow me on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/shazzalive

Find me on Friendfeed:
http://friendfeed.com/kkomp

On Facebook too:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/shazzalive?ref=name

For the most productive 3 days of your life visit this link:
http://www.3daymoney.com/go.php?offer=kkomp&pid=1

For bloggers who want more traffic
but don't know how to get it:
http://www.maxblogpress.com/go.php?offer=shazoom101&pid=32

Creating an e-cover doesn't have to be difficult.
Thanks to this software that allows me to create ecovers
for FREE.
==> http://www.virtualcovergenerator.com/ecover/?actionscript=5105

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3