From: Big Bill on
I read where you can stop/disable some services on XP and make it run
quicker. I stopped/disabled a few. Now I no longer have the copy
to/move to facility available in my right click menu and I get an
alert box with system blah blah isass.exe come up when I boot up. If I
click OK on it while the system's rebooting, the system reboots again.
If I let the system completely reboot all the way up, then click OK on
the alert, the alert box disappears and I can carry on as normal. I've
done some research, run a couple of tests, anti-viruses, and this
doesn't appear to be a virus. Looks like I messed up the OS (I can
hear the cries of, "Well, duh!!!" from here :-)).
Anyone got any idea how I can put this right please? I can live with
it but it's annoying, and also I miss the copy to/move to facility,
it's useful. I'd like to restore that if I can.
You're going to ask, which services did you stop/disable? I forget.
The list is off Robin Good's page though,
http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2006/04/12/slow_computer_speed_up_your.htm

I did some of them, can't remember which ones though.

I'm on XPPRO SP3. Any help appreciated. :-)

BB

From: "Repelsteeltje" henbrosj.2 on

"Big Bill" <bill(a)kruse.co.uk> schreef in bericht
>I read where you can stop/disable some services on XP and make it run
> quicker. I stopped/disabled a few. Now I no longer have the copy
> to/move to facility available in my right click menu and I get an
> alert box with system blah blah isass.exe come up when I boot up. If I
> click OK on it while the system's rebooting, the system reboots again.
> If I let the system completely reboot all the way up, then click OK on
> the alert, the alert box disappears and I can carry on as normal. I've
> done some research, run a couple of tests, anti-viruses, and this
> doesn't appear to be a virus. Looks like I messed up the OS (I can
> hear the cries of, "Well, duh!!!" from here :-)).
> Anyone got any idea how I can put this right please? I can live with
> it but it's annoying, and also I miss the copy to/move to facility,
> it's useful. I'd like to restore that if I can.
> You're going to ask, which services did you stop/disable? I forget.
> The list is off Robin Good's page though,
> http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2006/04/12/slow_computer_speed_up_your.htm
>
> I did some of them, can't remember which ones though.
>
> I'm on XPPRO SP3. Any help appreciated. :-)
>
> BB
>On www.schoonepc.nl you'll find solutions.
Janus

From: relic on
Big Bill wrote:
> I read where you can stop/disable some services on XP and make it run
> quicker. I stopped/disabled a few. Now I no longer have the copy
> to/move to facility available in my right click menu and I get an
> alert box with system blah blah isass.exe come up when I boot up. If I
> click OK on it while the system's rebooting, the system reboots again.
> If I let the system completely reboot all the way up, then click OK on
> the alert, the alert box disappears and I can carry on as normal. I've
> done some research, run a couple of tests, anti-viruses, and this
> doesn't appear to be a virus. Looks like I messed up the OS (I can
> hear the cries of, "Well, duh!!!" from here :-)).
> Anyone got any idea how I can put this right please? I can live with
> it but it's annoying, and also I miss the copy to/move to facility,
> it's useful. I'd like to restore that if I can.
> You're going to ask, which services did you stop/disable? I forget.
> The list is off Robin Good's page though,
> http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2006/04/12/slow_computer_speed_up_your.htm
>
> I did some of them, can't remember which ones though.
>
> I'm on XPPRO SP3. Any help appreciated. :-)

Burn your PC. You're dangerous.

From: Big Bill on
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:56:37 +0100, "Repelsteeltje" <henbrosj.2(a)No
Spam please!.com> wrote:

>> I'm on XPPRO SP3. Any help appreciated. :-)
>>
>> BB
>>On www.schoonepc.nl you'll find solutions.
>Janus

They seem to be all in Dutch!

BB
From: Mike on
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 13:35:36 +0000, Big Bill <bill(a)kruse.co.uk> wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:56:37 +0100, "Repelsteeltje" <henbrosj.2(a)No
>Spam please!.com> wrote:
>

>>> I'm on XPPRO SP3. Any help appreciated. :-)
>>>
>>> BB
>>>On www.schoonepc.nl you'll find solutions.
>>Janus
>
>They seem to be all in Dutch!
>
>BB

Click on the littlel flag .. top rh corner !

Mike P
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Disabling Auto Arrange