From: Nick on

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:19:43 -0400, in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell, "Tom Lake"
<tlake(a)twcny.rr.com> wrote:

>There's a fourth option: Replace the power supply in the 9000 with a standard one.
>Keep the old one so if your computer needs service, you can reinstall it and Dell
>will never know (Oops! Now they do!). The original is 475 W so a good quality
>replacement should be pretty cheap.

Tom, that is an excellent suggestion, but I decided to just go with a new
UPS with a sine wave output.

I did start researching a replacement power supply, but decided I just don't
want to spend any more time on this.

The new UPS is scheduled for delivery tomorrow: disconnect, reconnect,
replace old software with new, apply Brian's suggestion to test by pulling
the plug, and (I HOPE) that should be the end of me going around in circles
about my XPS 9000 power problems.

--
Nick <mailto:tanstaafl(a)pobox.com>

May you live in interesting times...