From: Jon Spivey on

"Ronx" <ronx917(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes, 100% agreement. But
> <sarcasm>
> real forums, with all the fripperies, points, medals and advertising, are
> better for you
> </sarcasm>

Isn't that what the web is about these days? If people want to answer
questions they'll go where the questions are :-)

Cheers,
Jon

From: Tom Willett on
Ah, hi Joe! nice to see you again. Yes, cold beverages available to lament
the closing of the MS public newsgroup servers. Good luck on trying to
figure out where to go and how to use them. The days of easy and convenient
are over.

Tom
"Joe" <munged(a)yesitisfrontiernet.net> wrote in message
: So I guess the frontpage.client NG is soon shutting down. While I haven't
: been around in it too much much lately I had been an active participant in
: it for more years than I can remember. I am sure many people will miss it.
: have made some life long friends in this and other newsgroups and learned
so
: much from others. So with that I bid you all a fond farewell!
:
: (For all the old timers I hear there is a cold beverage available at Tom
: Pepper's patio :-)
:
: --
: Best,
: Joe
:
: FrontPage and Expression Web Forums:
: http://www.timeforweb.com/frontpage/forum/default.asp
:

From: Tom Willett on

: The newsgroup isn't shutting down. It is just Microsoft is no longer
: going to support it. Most other news servers will still be supplying
: the feed.
:
: Steve

And, many of the experts/MVPS will not be posting on them. They will be
migrating.
:

--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997

From: Stephen Wolstenholme on
On Mon, 24 May 2010 07:54:54 -0500, "Tom Willett"
<tom(a)youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote:

>: The newsgroup isn't shutting down. It is just Microsoft is no longer
>: going to support it. Most other news servers will still be supplying
>: the feed.
>:
>: Steve
>
>And, many of the experts/MVPS will not be posting on them. They will be
>migrating.
>:

Anyone who has been using NNTP groups in preference to web forums will
be having serious thoughts about the amount of time they will using.
It's so much more efficient to use one NNTP client than navigating web
multiple web forums.

Steve

From: Tom Willett on

: Anyone who has been using NNTP groups in preference to web forums will
: be having serious thoughts about the amount of time they will using.
: It's so much more efficient to use one NNTP client than navigating web
: multiple web forums.
:
: Steve
:
Agreed. Not only is special registration and sign in needed, it will be a
quagmire to try and find groups and navigate through them.

And, MS is going to have 2 bridges now, instead of one, for those who want
to use a NNTP newsreader. Good luck with that.

--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
: --