From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> The killer robot "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> >> After installing 5 double sided DVDs to get the samples installed for
> >> Superior Drummer 1, the kit I like the best consumes only about 480MB.
> >>
> >> I could actually kill all the rest of the kits that came with Superior
> >> Drummer 1 and Superior Drummer 2, but I'm not hurting for disk space.
> >
> > Do you still have/use the cocktail and percussion kits?
> > hehe...I like your 'real' cocktail kit the best!
>
> I've got it all still installed. Everything that came with Superior 1,
> including it's cocktail and percussion, everything that came with
> Superior 2 including it's cocktail kit, and everything from EZ-Drummer,
> including it's cocktail kit.
>
> So I have three digital cocktail kits, and they all kinda blow. They are
> all real loose and rattley sounding. My acoustic cocktail kit is all
> muffled up with felt strips on the bass drum, and felt pads on the snare
> and tom so it sounds more similar to a normal kit. The pitches are not
> that of a normal kit though, as the snare sounds like a little
> firecracker snare, and the kick sounds more like a big floor tom, but
> they aren't loose sounding or rattley like the Toontrack cocktail kits.

> One day, I might sample my acoustic cocktail kit and put it up in DR008
> format or something for fun.

Yea ! ! ! !
I'd like that for sure<g>

Poly

From: polymod on

> The killer robot "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> > Do you still have/use the cocktail and percussion kits?
>
> Oh, and in direct response to the *use* question, I used the Superior 2
> cocktail kit just last week on my "Fuzz Drum" song, where I ran the kit
> through an instance of Freeamp set to fuzz distortion. Here's an
> isolated section of just the drums from that song, when the fuzz amped
> cocktail kit comes in.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=403575&songID=8975402

hehe...that sounds kewel!

Poly

From: polymod on

> The killer robot "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> >> Oh, and in direct response to the *use* question, I used the Superior
> >> 2 cocktail kit just last week on my "Fuzz Drum" song, where I ran the
> >> kit through an instance of Freeamp set to fuzz distortion. Here's
> >> an isolated section of just the drums from that song, when the fuzz
> >> amped cocktail kit comes in.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=403575&songID=8975402

> > hehe...that sounds kewel!
>
> Through a fuzz amp is the only way that kit sounds ggod! ;)

LOL!

Poly

From: Sue Morton on
I think that's one of your best songs yet, G'Bo. Too short as usual.
:-D

Luv the fuzz, seriously.
--
Sue Morton

From: Michael Fanning on

> I've always been curious on those pianos with the HUGE library.
> Hey Michael....when you get it all up and running can we hear what this
> thing sounds like?
>
> Poly

Hey Poly, here's a fast and dirty dirty recording of a rank armature to
compare with the polished demos at SoundsOnline. It is short and hopefully
not too painful to listen to. First part is piano, bass, and drums- QL
Steinway D Master, Spectre bass from Ministry of Rock, and drums Superior
Drummer 2. I'll probably remove it from SC in a week or so, or maybe sooner
if it's like real bad. <gg>

QL Steinway D Master Demo

lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=9024732&q=lo

hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=9024732&q=hi