From: Phoenix on
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:10:54 -0400, "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net>
wrote:
> "Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> > The killer robot "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the
controls
> > of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

Superior

> > > Do you still have/use the cocktail and percussion kits?
> > > hehe...I like your 'real' cocktail kit the best!
> >
> > I've got it all still installed. Everything that came with
Superior 1,
> > including it's cocktail and percussion, everything that came with
> > Superior 2 including it's cocktail kit, and everything from
EZ-Drummer,
> > including it's cocktail kit.
> >
> > So I have three digital cocktail kits, and they all kinda blow.
They are
> > all real loose and rattley sounding. My acoustic cocktail kit is
all
> > muffled up with felt strips on the bass drum, and felt pads on
the snare
> > and tom so it sounds more similar to a normal kit. The pitches
are not
> > that of a normal kit though, as the snare sounds like a little
> > firecracker snare, and the kick sounds more like a big floor tom,
but
> > they aren't loose sounding or rattley like the Toontrack cocktail
kits.

> > One day, I might sample my acoustic cocktail kit and put it up in
DR008
> > format or something for fun.

> Yea ! ! ! !
> I'd like that for sure<g>

> Poly

Me too. I haven't used DR-008 in 64bit yet but I haven't had a
genuine G'bo kit to try with it.
From: polymod on

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=9024732&q=lo

> hi-fi URL:
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=9024732&q=hi

Sounds like there's a lot of depth and clarity to that piano.
From what I can hear it's probably more suited for classical or solo piano
work as opposed to sitting in the mix with an electric band.

Thanks for posting this.

Poly

From: Michael Fanning on

> Sounds like there's a lot of depth and clarity to that piano.
> From what I can hear it's probably more suited for classical or solo piano
> work as opposed to sitting in the mix with an electric band.
>
> Thanks for posting this.
>
> Poly

Hey Poly, yea I agree with you on that. Classical and solo piano is really
what I wanted it for. I have other pianos I can use for various mixes. I
think Glennbo is right- a cheaper piano sample allot of times can play
better in mixes. I hope this piano can work with acoustic guitar, bass, and
drums.

M.F.

From: Ricky Hunt on
> The killer robot "Michael Fanning" <mfanning1(a)cox.net> grabbed the
> controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> It's been taking me several days to install the 35 dual-layer DVDs
>
> That's too damn big!!! Hehe, one of my favorite pianos is a 6.4mb
> soundfont that's a sample of a sample. ;)

Mine's a piano soundfont sampled from a SC55.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Who's Got My Back?
Next: That's what SHE said.