From: Michael Fanning on
Quantum Leap Pianos that is. Last week I took advantage of the two for the
price of one sale at SoundsOnline and bought QL Pianos and StormDrum2. It's
been taking me several days to install the 35 dual-layer DVDs: 10 disks
each for the Bechstein and Bosendorfer, 8 for the Steinway, and 5 for the
Yamaha. Each disk takes about 30-40 minutes to copy. I still have the
Bosendorfer to install but so far the piano sounds I've played are awesome!

SD2 has some pretty cool percussion sounds. I watched X-Men Origins last
night and I recognized a percussion sound as one I had heard from playing
with SD2. Danny Elfman used SD2 for Terminator Salvation. I might just
rent it just to hear what he did with it even though I hear the movie kind
of sucked. Now that I have it maybe I can land a soundtrack gig on the next
blockbuster. I wonder if by now the SD2 sounds are too recognizable. I
guess it's all in what you do with it.

The 2fer sale runs a couple more days until April 15. Anyway, I'm done for
the year on gear purchases.

--
MICHAEL FANNING,
http://www.soundclick.com/michaelfanning

From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> The killer robot "Michael Fanning" <mfanning1(a)cox.net> grabbed the
controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> > It's been taking me several days to install the 35 dual-layer DVDs
>
> That's too damn big!!! Hehe, one of my favorite pianos is a 6.4mb
> soundfont that's a sample of a sample. ;)

I'm sure it sounds great in your music, but I probably wouldn't want to
perform a classical piece with it ;)

I've always been curious on those pianos with the HUGE library.
Hey Michael....when you get it all up and running can we hear what this
thing sounds like?

Poly

From: polymod on

"polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> wrote in message

> "Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> > The killer robot "Michael Fanning" <mfanning1(a)cox.net> grabbed the
> controls
> > of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
> >
> > > It's been taking me several days to install the 35 dual-layer DVDs
> >
> > That's too damn big!!! Hehe, one of my favorite pianos is a 6.4mb
> > soundfont that's a sample of a sample. ;)
>
> I'm sure it sounds great in your music, but I probably wouldn't want to
> perform a classical piece with it ;)

As with all my piano samples too ;)

Poly

From: polymod on

> The killer robot "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of
> the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> >> That's too damn big!!! Hehe, one of my favorite pianos is a 6.4mb
> >> soundfont that's a sample of a sample. ;)
> >
> > I'm sure it sounds great in your music, but I probably wouldn't want to
> > perform a classical piece with it ;)
>
> That piano by itself is *not* impressive sounding. What *is* impressive
> about it, is that it plays nice with other instruments in a mix.
Something
> most of my biggest piano samples don't do as well. I was so disappointed
> when I got Giga Piano, because I thought "a whole gig of samples has got
> sound great", but it never sat well in a mix with other instruments IMO.

I hear ya.
That's why I think these huge pianos are meant for solo recording. When it's
mixed in with other stuff, all the nuances get lost.

Poly

From: kitekrazy on
On 4/13/2010 7:08 PM, Michael Fanning wrote:
> Quantum Leap Pianos that is. Last week I took advantage of the two for
> the price of one sale at SoundsOnline and bought QL Pianos and
> StormDrum2. It's been taking me several days to install the 35
> dual-layer DVDs: 10 disks each for the Bechstein and Bosendorfer, 8 for
> the Steinway, and 5 for the Yamaha. Each disk takes about 30-40 minutes
> to copy. I still have the Bosendorfer to install but so far the piano
> sounds I've played are awesome!

After reading how long it takes to install that library on their forums,
I crossed that off my potential buy list.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Who's Got My Back?
Next: That's what SHE said.