From: felmon on
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:37:32 -0800, 1jam wrote:

> sheesh who cares guys.. so he made a test msg. why you guys generate all
> this noise about it. ignore it... it says "just testing" afterall.

seems like an interesting discussion to me (albeit off-topic) but if you
don't find it interesting, maybe you should ignore it.

Felmon
From: JT on
On 29/07/10 22:37, 1jam wrote:
> JT wrote:

>>> Ah, but there was always Fidonet at 1200 baud. :)
>>>

>> Makes you wonder: would OP also be sending unsolicited and useless
>> postcards in the pre-wired era (i.e. when he'd have to pay for it)?
>>

> sheesh who cares guys.. so he made a test msg. why you guys generate all
> this noise about it. ignore it... it says "just testing" afterall.

Don't read just the letters, there's smileys in there for a reason ;-)

--
Kind regards, JT

From: JT on
On 30/07/10 16:08, houghi wrote:
> JT wrote:
>
>> Don't read just the letters, there's smileys in there for a reason ;-)
>>
> When I cam to Usenet, I posted in AFU (Yeah, I really did and if you do
> not know AFU, you do not know USenet) and there the rule was to NOT use
> smileys. The reaqson was that It should be obvious to everyone what you
> intention was. Shakespear didn't use smileys.

Makes sense, since they're only around since 1963. Sure he would have
otherwise
> But my thinking afterwards was that if the Bible would have used
> smileys, we would live in a much happier place.

Hell: let's put them in there then! Said he, pulling the last copy from
the fireplace.....

--
Kind regards, JT