From: RichA on
AF issues with the 7D. Unreal. One guy on Dpreview is on his 4th
unit, which seems to be ok. Maybe it's time for Canon to grab their
ankles and license Nikon's AF technology?

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&q=canon+7d+af+issues&meta=&aq=0&oq=canon+7d+af+&fp=ca7bc37eb6518610

From: Ray Fischer on
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>AF issues with the 7D.

Propaganda from the idiot troll.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: RichA on
On Jan 3, 1:00 am, rfisc...(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
> RichA  <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >AF issues with the 7D.
>
> Propaganda from the idiot troll.

Propaganda implies a manipulation of the truth. I just pointed your
pointy head to actual incidents. Make of them what you will, assuming
you aren't a complete moro-...oh, wait.
From: ransley on
On Jan 3, 12:00 am, rfisc...(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
> RichA  <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >AF issues with the 7D.
>
> Propaganda from the idiot troll.
>
> --
> Ray Fischer
> rfisc...(a)sonic.net

RF = " Fail ". is Google broke "mr forger" ? Do yourself an
enlightenment favor and Google 7D soft focus, you will have a days
woth of factual education.
From: Bruce on
On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 14:48:24 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>AF issues with the 7D. Unreal. One guy on Dpreview is on his 4th
>unit, which seems to be ok. Maybe it's time for Canon to grab their
>ankles and license Nikon's AF technology?
>
>http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&q=canon+7d+af+issues&meta=&aq=0&oq=canon+7d+af+&fp=ca7bc37eb6518610

There is a fundamental problem with Canon's approach to autofocus in
the EOS system. It was clearly and patiently explained on here some
months ago by David Kilpatrick. At the root of it is Canon's choice
of position for the AF sensors.

It is possible to correct the problem by a very careful calibration of
the camera and lens - together. It needs to be done precisely,
otherwise there is a risk that it can make the problem worse. But if
it is done properly, it solves the problem.

This careful calibration is time consuming and therefore the technique
does not suit the volume production of DSLRs.

The problem is widespread. Several years ago I had my EOS 5D bodies
calibrated. The technician stated that he believed as many as 70% of
the EOS bodies that came in to his company for service and repair
would have benefitted from autofocus recalibration. Most of them were
sent in for other, unrelated work.