From: Tony on
Every day Windows Update tries to install Microsoft.Net Framework1.1 service
Pack 1 security update KB953297 & it fails. No error code is given, simply
a message that it was not installed. According to my update history this
has been happening since October.

I've searched for advice on the MS site but it refers to a registry cleanup
tool which I can't get to work.

Searching on Google gets me to various bbs however I don't really understand
the advice given as it seems to be aimed a people with far more pc knowledge
than me,

What do I need to do please?

Tony

From: neil on
"Tony" <TonyBattle(a)tesco.net> wrote in message
> Every day Windows Update tries to install Microsoft.Net Framework1.1
> service Pack 1 security update KB953297 & it fails. No error code is
> given, simply a message that it was not installed. According to my update
> history this has been happening since October.
>
> I've searched for advice on the MS site but it refers to a registry
> cleanup tool which I can't get to work.
>
> Searching on Google gets me to various bbs however I don't really
> understand the advice given as it seems to be aimed a people with far more
> pc knowledge than me,
>
> What do I need to do please?
>
> Tony
Try uninstalling .NET framework using control panel > Add/Remove Programs.
Then download and install .NET 3.5
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en

see if this cures the problem.
Neil

From: Tony on

"neil" <neilp_67_(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Tony" <TonyBattle(a)tesco.net> wrote in message
> > Try uninstalling .NET framework using control panel > Add/Remove
> > Programs.
> Then download and install .NET 3.5
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en
>
> see if this cures the problem.
> Neil

Thank you Neil

I see from Add Remove Programs that I have .Net framework v.1 hotfix
(KB953295), v.1.1, v.2, v.3.0 sp2 & v.3.5sp1. Do I need all those or will
the latest version do?

Tony

From: neil on

> "neil" <neilp_67_(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Tony" <TonyBattle(a)tesco.net> wrote in message
>> > Try uninstalling .NET framework using control panel > Add/Remove
>> > Programs.
>> Then download and install .NET 3.5
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en
>>
>> see if this cures the problem.
>> Neil
>
> Thank you Neil
>
> I see from Add Remove Programs that I have .Net framework v.1 hotfix
> (KB953295), v.1.1, v.2, v.3.0 sp2 & v.3.5sp1. Do I need all those or
> will the latest version do?
>
> Tony
You only really need them if a program you are installing requests them. But
to try to get to get over your problem I would remove anything relating to
any version of .NET and then use the previous link to download 3.5 and then
let windows update get you any updates for that version.
Neil

From: Tony on

> "Tony" <TonyBattle(a)tesco.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "neil" <neilp_67_(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Then download and install .NET 3.5
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en
>>>
>>> see if this cures the problem.
>>> Neil
>>
>> Thank you Neil
>>
>> I see from Add Remove Programs that I have .Net framework v.1 hotfix
>> (KB953295), v.1.1, v.2, v.3.0 sp2 & v.3.5sp1. Do I need all those or
>> will the latest version do?
>>
>> Tony
> You only really need them if a program you are installing requests them.
> But to try to get to get over your problem I would remove anything
> relating to any version of .NET and then use the previous link to download
> 3.5 and then let windows update get you any updates for that version.
> Neil

Thanks Neil Will do & let you know if it cures the problem

Tony