From: Art on
On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 19:50:01 +0200, JJ <JJnospamplease007(a)dse.nl>
wrote:

>macafee is maybe good in detecting viruses...but as i said on the trojan
>front it lakes....

I presume you mean "lacks"? No, McAfee is NOT lacking in the Trojan
detection department. As I said, it's right up there close to KAV. It
also has settings, in some versions at least, to alert on some
"controversialware" ... just as KAV does. However, it's hard to say
just how they compare in "fringe area" detection of various spyware,
adware, dialers, etc. It's best to use spyware and adware scanners
along with top notch av products.

Art

http://home.epix.net/~artnpeg
From: JJ on
hitman pro 2.0 is free and will do just the thing against spyware.

try it.

JJ

From: * * Chas on

"Ron Reaugh" <ron-reaugh(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> "JJ" <JJnospamplease007(a)dse.nl> wrote in message
> > yes...KAV is not free....however it's worth it.
> > All good AV programs are not free...think of it.
>
> YES, do just that...think about it. Free and the requirement NOT to
have
> to renew subscriptions makes for a vastly superior product.

Dream on. Vastly superior because it costs you no money or because it
works better?

"It's unwise to pay too much, but it's unwise to pay too little.
When you pay too much you lose a little money, that is all.
When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything,
because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing you bought
it to do.
The common law of business prohibits paying a little and getting a lot -
it can't be done.
If you deal with the lowest bidder, it's well to add something for the
risk you run.
And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better."

John Ruskin, 1819-1900 Author, Influential Critic, Philosopher

Chas.

From: Ron Reaugh on

"* * Chas" <dnafutz(a)aol.spam.com> wrote in message

> "Ron Reaugh" <ron-reaugh(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "JJ" <JJnospamplease007(a)dse.nl> wrote in message
> > > yes...KAV is not free....however it's worth it.
> > > All good AV programs are not free...think of it.
> >
> > YES, do just that...think about it. Free and the requirement NOT to
> have
> > to renew subscriptions makes for a vastly superior product.
>
> Dream on. Vastly superior because it costs you no money or because it
> works better?
>
> "It's unwise to pay too much, but it's unwise to pay too little.

What's unwise is to have a product that has a subscription which many will
fail to renew thus leaving the Inet full of typhoid marys.

> When you pay too much you lose a little money, that is all.

Dollars are not the issue. Protection is the issue. Dollars reduce
protection of the overall Inet environment. Now if someone would sell a
good reasonably priced virus checker with a lifetime or 5 year subscription
then things might be different. An Inet environment full of users with AVG
is a safer and better place than an Inet full of folks with expired great
virus checkers.

From: Art on
On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 22:13:52 GMT, Blackheart
<Blackheart(a)Darkwings.com> wrote:

>Macafee indeed.... Buwahahahahahahahahaha

Very informative post. Kiddies must be out of school :)

Art

http://home.epix.net/~artnpeg