From: GS on
<AFAIK>You can still download their MS Office addin for free. I've
tried their LabelPro product (not free) and I didn't like it as well as
the Office addin. I guess it depends on what your needs are for label
templates but I'm sure you can download updates for anything they make.

Good luck!
Garry

From: Helmut Meukel on
"David Kerber" <ns_dkerber(a)ns_warrenrogersassociates.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> In article <OcCEDaZ3KHA.4332(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, NoSpam(a)NoProvider.de
> says...
>>
>> "David Kerber" <ns_dkerber(a)ns_warrenrogersassociates.com> schrieb im
>> Newsbeitrag
>> > Are there any libraries out there for managing laser printer labels in
>> > vb6? Specifically, the function I don't really want to reinvent is the
>> > ability to select a specific label on a sheet of them as the target for
>> > printing.
>> >
>> > The purpose is to be able to print labels one at a time instead of
>> > having to do a whole sheet of them at once.
>> >
>> > I'm sure I could kludge up something that would work for a specific
>> > label layout, but I'd rather not if I can avoid it.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions appreciated!
>>

>> Hmm,
>>
>> for printing one single label a laser printer isn't optimal. If there are
>> 12 ore more labels per sheet, then for the twelfth label the sheet went
>> 12 times through the printer, heated up every time. This may affect
>> the glue on the label. The chance of labels coming off inside the printer
>> is very high.
>
> Yeah, we've seen that with some cheap labels. The ones we're using now
> seem to hold up for enough passes for that not to happen.
>

>> Have you thought about one of the cheap label printers using thermo
>> print heads? (Dymo, Avery, Brother, ...)
>
> We have one for smaller labels, but the ones we're running through the
> laser printer are much bigger, so there are only 6 per sheet. Do these
> specialized label printers handle that size labels?

The Dymo LabelWriter 4XL prints Labels up to 4.16" wide,
the Zebra GX420t from 0.75" to 4.25" width and 0.38" to
39" length.

Http://www.dymo.com
Http://www.zebra.com

I've only used the heavy duty Zebra printers with a VB6 program.

HTH.

Helmut.

From: Bee on
Look at planet source code vb for clsPrintAveryLabels

Maybe that will help.

http://www.planetsourcecode.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=22442&lngWId=1

From: BTIS Jeff on
On Apr 16, 3:27 pm, David Kerber
<ns_dkerber(a)ns_warrenrogersassociates.com> wrote:
> In article <urgx6hZ3KHA.5...(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>,
> G...(a)discussions.microsoft.com says...
>

> > <AFAIK> Most label printing software is template driven and so
> > selecting a template is what you're going to have to do. As for a
> > library to manage printing (on any printer), the only one I'm familiar
> > with is Avery's because it's used by their MS Office label addins. I
> > can't say if it's available as, (or licensed as) a distributable
> > library, but the MS Office addins use VBA to interface with it. Might
> > not be worth inquiring directly to Avery because they want people to
> > use their stuff, but you never know..!
>
> Good idea; I had seen Avery's libs before, but it's beens several years,
> and I had forgotten about them.
>
> This is just for in-house use, and will not be distributed outside our
> company, so distribution licensing won't be an issue.

Avery makes it's specifications available - I believe for free.
See

http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Templates-%26-Software/Software/Avery-Alliance-Software-Program.htm?Ns=Rank

* * Please include a copy of this message with any reply on this topic

-----

Jeff Bennett
jeff / At / Bennet-Tec / dot / Com

* Bennet-Tec Information Systems, Inc
* 50 Jericho Tpk, Jericho, NY 11753

* WWW.Bennet-Tec.Com

RELIABLE Component Software
and Custom Software Development Services

* Expert Systems * Text Processing
* Databases * Interactive Web Sites
* Diagramming, Drawing, Hotspot Graphics
* Data Input & Data Presentation Systems
* Decision Support * Web Based Data Collection
* Forecasting * Signature Capture
* Desktop Windows, Tablets, Pocket PCs

TList™ / ALLText™ / MetaDraw™ / Web Signature™

From: Shotgun Thom on
On Apr 16, 2:11 pm, GS <G...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> <AFAIK>You can still download their MS Office addin for free. I've
> tried their LabelPro product (not free) and I didn't like it as well as
> the Office addin. I guess it depends on what your needs are for label
> templates but I'm sure you can download updates for anything they make.
>
> Good luck!
> Garry
> --
>
> David Kerber wrote on 4/16/2010 :
>

> > In article <urgx6hZ3KHA.5...(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>,
> > G...(a)discussions.microsoft.com says...
>
> >> <AFAIK> Most label printing software is template driven and so
> >> selecting a template is what you're going to have to do. As for a
> >> library to manage printing (on any printer), the only one I'm familiar
> >> with is Avery's because it's used by their MS Office label addins. I
> >> can't say if it's available as, (or licensed as) a distributable
> >> library, but the MS Office addins use VBA to interface with it. Might
> >> not be worth inquiring directly to Avery because they want people to
> >> use their stuff, but you never know..!
>
> > Good idea; I had seen Avery's libs before, but it's beens several years,
> > and I had forgotten about them.
>
> > This is just for in-house use, and will not be distributed outside our
> > company, so distribution licensing won't be an issue.
>
> > D- Hide quoted text -

Here's the link for all downloadable Avery stuff.

http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Templates-%26-Software/Software/_/Ns=Rank

LabelPro is now called DesignPro and it is free. It's actually pretty
good.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Design Input Needed