From: Tom Scales on

Good to know. I'll give it a try!

From: William R. Walsh on
HI!

> > They still do a clean install fine without requiring activation.
> >  I use thewww.hfslip.orgmethod instead of the more
> > popular nLite, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

> Good to know.  I'll give it a try!

I can provide an additional data point by saying that nLite's method
worked fine with two Dell Windows XP installation discs--one at SP0
and the other at SP1a. The preactivated state was not broken.

William
From: Bob Villa on
On Feb 15, 9:48 am, "William R. Walsh" <wm_wa...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> HI!
>
> > > They still do a clean install fine without requiring activation.
> > >  I use thewww.hfslip.orgmethodinstead of the more
> > > popular nLite, so I don't know if that makes a difference.
> > Good to know.  I'll give it a try!
>
> I can provide an additional data point by saying that nLite's method
> worked fine with two Dell Windows XP installation discs--one at SP0
> and the other at SP1a. The preactivated state was not broken.
>
> William

nLite also worked for me with XP Home SP1. No activation needed.
(That was my problem install I needed the SATA drivers merged into
it.)

bob