From: BD on
Wondering if there's any buzz-worthy devices out there for offloading
images/movies from a CF UDMA card while 'on the go' for longer periods
of time.

I've read about 'digital wallets', I've read about using IPod videos
with a special camera connector... but am wondering if there are other
better options out there that I might have missed.
From: Dudley Hanks on

"BD" <robert.drea(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Wondering if there's any buzz-worthy devices out there for offloading
> images/movies from a CF UDMA card while 'on the go' for longer periods
> of time.
>
> I've read about 'digital wallets', I've read about using IPod videos
> with a special camera connector... but am wondering if there are other
> better options out there that I might have missed.

My Dell netbook works well.

Take Care,
Dudley

From: Savageduck on
On 2009-11-09 14:39:47 -0800, BD <robert.drea(a)gmail.com> said:

> Wondering if there's any buzz-worthy devices out there for offloading
> images/movies from a CF UDMA card while 'on the go' for longer periods
> of time.
>
> I've read about 'digital wallets', I've read about using IPod videos
> with a special camera connector... but am wondering if there are other
> better options out there that I might have missed.

Check on the Colorspace UDMA from Hyperdrive;
http://www.hypershop.com/

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Larry Thong on
Savageduck wrote:

>> I've read about 'digital wallets', I've read about using IPod videos
>> with a special camera connector... but am wondering if there are other
>> better options out there that I might have missed.
>
> Check on the Colorspace UDMA from Hyperdrive;
> http://www.hypershop.com/

Does things aren't too bad, but $500 for the 500GB makes it a pony show.
I would get an ATOM based Netbook that will give you loads of options
and decent storage space in a very small package. You can always add
cheap external USB storage as well. Trust me, I've got the Epson
version of this thing and it just sits in the drawer after the one and
only time I used it.
From: J�rgen Exner on
BD <robert.drea(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>Wondering if there's any buzz-worthy devices out there for offloading
>images/movies from a CF UDMA card while 'on the go' for longer periods
>of time.
>
>I've read about 'digital wallets', I've read about using IPod videos
>with a special camera connector... but am wondering if there are other
>better options out there that I might have missed.

Depending upon your needs: a netbook with an attached 1TB USB HD.
With a simple netbook this combination will cost you around 350-400$ US.

jue