From: Cliff on
On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 00:29:05 GMT, clay <clay(a)mation.com> wrote:

>We also have MetalSoft/AP100US and SMP. (looked at ProE's post package
>and had to chuckle... *g*)

??
There may be some confusion .....
--
Cliff
From: Cliff on
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:47:43 -0700, Dave <dherbman(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Oct 18, 5:04 am, "Jean Marc" <jean-marc.brun> wrote:
>> Your opinions and experiences,
>> Imbedded in SW or not
>> For Finnpower and Amada cutters
>> Only experienced and constructive answers, please.
>
>MetaCAM is very solid. It has SWX integration as well.

How is it at nesting?
--
Cliff
From: clay on
Cliff wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 00:29:05 GMT, clay <clay(a)mation.com> wrote:
>
>>We also have MetalSoft/AP100US and SMP. (looked at ProE's post package
>>and had to chuckle... *g*)
>
> ??
> There may be some confusion .....

No confusion here. What's your problem with my statement?
From: Cliff on
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:17:28 GMT, clay <clay(a)mation.com> wrote:

>Cliff wrote:
>> On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 00:29:05 GMT, clay <clay(a)mation.com> wrote:
>>
>>>We also have MetalSoft/AP100US and SMP. (looked at ProE's post package
>>>and had to chuckle... *g*)
>>
>> ??
>> There may be some confusion .....
>
>No confusion here. What's your problem with my statement?

What are you calling a "post package"?
IIRC They use (or can) a decent generalized postprocessor
AND output to the ISO-4343 CLDATA standard so that you
could use about any "standard" generalized postprocessor your
heart desires.

Just ask jb <VBG>.
--
Cliff
From: clay on
Cliff wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:17:28 GMT, clay <clay(a)mation.com> wrote:
>
>>Cliff wrote:

>>> ??
>>> There may be some confusion .....
>>
>>No confusion here. What's your problem with my statement?
>
> What are you calling a "post package"?
> IIRC They use (or can) a decent generalized postprocessor
> AND output to the ISO-4343 CLDATA standard so that you
> could use about any "standard" generalized postprocessor your
> heart desires.

[x posting removed.]
Back when we bought a seat of ProE (because MGE UPS insisted all their
vendors have it) we had to sit through a demo of the software. uh, why?
we have to buy it...
PTc showed us this 'punching package' we could add on to our seat of
ProE. Wow, we can view out nests in 3D... woo hoo.
Probably writes ok code but having to deal with ProE menus just to get
there made it somewhat unattractive to us.
Funny story. They were bragging on how ProE could take three views of a
2D drawing and automatically make it into a 3D solid. I know, they all
do that, don't they?
Nobody could come up with a 2D dxf so they exported one out of ProE...
then couldn't get it to import back into the software.
When they finally got one imported, and spent 20 minutes cleaning it up,
they produced a model.

MGE fell flat on their face a few years ago but we kept one seat of ProE
for the few customers that still use it.

> Just ask jb <VBG>.

Not going to go there...*g*