From: Jean Marc on
Your opinions and experiences,
Imbedded in SW or not
For Finnpower and Amada cutters
Only experienced and constructive answers, please.

From: Diego on
On Oct 18, 7:04 am, "Jean Marc" <jean-marc.brun> wrote:
> Your opinions and experiences,
> Imbedded in SW or not
> For Finnpower and Amada cutters
> Only experienced and constructive answers, please.

Finn-Power and Amada machines both come with very good nesting and
programming software. Our Finn-Power laser/punch machine uses
NCexpress software. For our Mitsubishi lasers we use NCell/Accufab
software. Our old Centrum turret, and before that Weideman and
Strippit turrets, were programmed using Fabriwin.

Ncell is good, NCexpress is good. I wouldn't recommend Fabriwin, but
we haven't upgraded the software because we haven't been happy with it
for at least 7 years.

Diego

From: Cliff on
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:04:46 +0200, "Jean Marc" <jean-marc.brun> wrote:

>Your opinions and experiences,
>Imbedded in SW or not
>For Finnpower and Amada cutters
>Only experienced and constructive answers, please.

Look at some of the AutoCAD add-ons. IIRC There
are some for nesting too.
The same folks might have similar for SW.
Also, ask the makers of your machines. They
probably have a good idea of what's out there today.
--
Cliff
From: Dave on
On Oct 18, 5:04 am, "Jean Marc" <jean-marc.brun> wrote:
> Your opinions and experiences,
> Imbedded in SW or not
> For Finnpower and Amada cutters
> Only experienced and constructive answers, please.

MetaCAM is very solid. It has SWX integration as well.

http://www.metamation-us.com/products/profile_cam.html

From: clay on
Dave wrote:
> On Oct 18, 5:04 am, "Jean Marc" <jean-marc.brun> wrote:
>> Your opinions and experiences,
>> Imbedded in SW or not
>> For Finnpower and Amada cutters
>> Only experienced and constructive answers, please.
>
> MetaCAM is very solid. It has SWX integration as well.
>
> http://www.metamation-us.com/products/profile_cam.html

We've used Radan for ~10 years. Three Amada Turrets (345, 357, 3510) and
three Mazak lasers (NTX-48 1K, 1.5K, and STX-510 4K.)
We also have MetalSoft/AP100US and SMP. (looked at ProE's post package
and had to chuckle... *g*)
MetalSoft is fine for beginners. SMP interface is a bit primitive. Does
a nice job with 3D wireframes for those who use 'em.
Radan gets my vote. Not embedded (yet) but they do have a module to work
direct with SW files.
http://www.planitsolutions.com/us/radan/
--
http://www.preciseind.com