From: Cliff on
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:09:37 GMT, clay <clay(a)mation.com> wrote:

>Cliff wrote:

>>>No confusion here. What's your problem with my statement?
>>
>> What are you calling a "post package"?
>> IIRC They use (or can) a decent generalized postprocessor
>> AND output to the ISO-4343 CLDATA standard so that you
>> could use about any "standard" generalized postprocessor your
>> heart desires.
>>
>[x posting removed.]

Why? Should be AMC related & even actually on topic.
Added back.

>Back when we bought a seat of ProE (because MGE UPS insisted all their
>vendors have it) we had to sit through a demo of the software. uh, why?
>we have to buy it...
>PTc showed us this 'punching package' we could add on to our seat of
>ProE. Wow, we can view out nests in 3D... woo hoo.
>Probably writes ok code but having to deal with ProE menus just to get
>there made it somewhat unattractive to us.

NOT a post or posting problem then.
AND you could probably have automated your specific
process, as you can with most CAD/CAM systems.
Your complaint seems to be that it was overkill along
with a lack of desire to learn.

>Funny story. They were bragging on how ProE could take three views of a
>2D drawing and automatically make it into a 3D solid. I know, they all
>do that, don't they?

Not really, in the general case. What are you claiming?
It's not even a possible task in all cases. Think about it.

>Nobody could come up with a 2D dxf so they exported one out of ProE...
>then couldn't get it to import back into the software.

Sometimes the demonstrators are new or not well-versed.
Don't blame the software.

>When they finally got one imported, and spent 20 minutes cleaning it up,
>they produced a model.

What needed "cleaning"?
Perhaps someone was using poor tolerances ... if such applies.

>MGE fell flat on their face a few years ago but we kept one seat of ProE
>for the few customers that still use it.

Perhaps you could use a CAD/CAM system .....
--
Cliff