From: GMAN on
In article <i21kg6$sfm$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, "David J Taylor" <david-taylor(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>"whisky-dave" <whisky-dave(a)final.front.ear> wrote in message
>[]
>> Cheers for the useful replies, I was wondering about the breathing on it
>> option.
>
>Works well for many of us!
>
>> I considered using one of those cleaners for LCD computer displays.
>
>I would avoid that. if you must use a fluid, use one designed for camera
>lens cleaning.

Like spit!!! LOL!

From: David J Taylor on
"John Turco" <jtur(a)concentric.net> wrote in message
[]
> "GMAN" <Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org>" is not who you think he is!
>
> --
> Cordially,
> John Turco <jtur(a)concentric.net>

It went in the killfile based on what I saw. I'll remove it based on what
you say.

Cheers,
David

From: GMAN on
In article <4C454BB3.6AC110B0(a)concentric.net>, John Turco <jtur(a)concentric.net> wrote:
>David J Taylor wrote:
>>
>> "David Ruether" <d_ruether(a)thotmail.com> wrote in message
>> []
>> > I think the above is a "gross" exaggeration of things since the "acid"
>> > is VERY mild, and only VERY temporarily on the lens surface. BTW,
>> > if one breathes UP onto the down-facing lens surface, spit, etc. tend
>> > not to reach the lens surface, just the fogging moisture. I have used
>> > this
>> > method successfully for decades to clean lenses. For more difficult
>> > "glop" on the lens, I VERY SLIGHTLY moisten a Q-Tip with Windex
>> > (a window cleaner), then in turn use that to barely moisten another
>> > Q-Tip for the actual cleaning, finishing with breath and a good lens
>> > tissue (AFTER washing my hands with a dish washing detergent),
>> > WITHOUT silicone in it (that's horrible stuff to remove from a lens
>> > later, when it begins to fog). Some now prefer microfiber cloths for
>> > lens cleaning, though...
>> > --DR
>>
>> What did you expect from the resident troll?
>>
>> Like you, I have used this method for decades to clean lenses, and I have
>> /never/ seen any ill effects. And I'm proud of my lenses, and would
>> certainly not do anything to damage them. Modern lens coatings are
>> relatively robust.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> David
>

>"GMAN" <Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org>" is not who you think he is!

Who am I?
From: infiniteMPG on
> The only thing that has me puzzled is why I'm even sharing this valuable
> information with cretins that don't deserve help from anyone in the world
> at all. I'll never know. Perhaps for the 1 or 2 who might read this who
> don't deserve to suffer for you resident trolls being complete asswipes.

watching you Better Info LOL! Outing Trolls is FUN! Truman :) almost
ready to roflmao
From: whisky-dave on

> whisky-dave wrote:
>>
>> Basically the lens on my G10 seems to have attracted some beer/lager
>> drops
>> and stains that seemed to have dried into a smear. I ahven;t noticed any
>> discussions about such things here for quite a while so was wondering if
>> there's any prefered methods or solutions (pun intented)
>> Got me wire wool and bleach ready ;-)
>

> Just apply a few drops of whisky, dave.
You really think I'm going to waste whisky cleaning a lens !!!! :)

Although I've heard good vodka is a better cleaner.