From: whisky-dave on

Basically the lens on my G10 seems to have attracted some beer/lager drops
and stains that seemed to have dried into a smear. I ahven;t noticed any
discussions about such things here for quite a while so was wondering if
there's any prefered methods or solutions (pun intented)
Got me wire wool and bleach ready ;-)

From: David J Taylor on
"whisky-dave" <whisky-dave(a)final.front.ear> wrote in message

> Basically the lens on my G10 seems to have attracted some beer/lager
> drops and stains that seemed to have dried into a smear. I ahven;t
> noticed any discussions about such things here for quite a while so was
> wondering if there's any prefered methods or solutions (pun intented)
> Got me wire wool and bleach ready ;-)

I usually find a lens cloth (e.g. Jessops) and moist breath quite
adequate. Sometime even a clean hanky and breath. If that wasn't
adequate, try warm water (not letting it get into the lends, of course),
and if not that /very/ mildly soapy warm water.

Modern lens coatings are usually quite robust, but I suspect that not even
Canon's would stand the wire wool treatment! <G>

David

From: Rutger on

"whisky-dave" <whisky-dave(a)final.front.ear> schreef in bericht

> Basically the lens on my G10 seems to have attracted some beer/lager drops
> and stains that seemed to have dried into a smear. I ahven;t noticed any
> discussions about such things here for quite a while so was wondering if
> there's any prefered methods or solutions (pun intented)
> Got me wire wool and bleach ready ;-)

I use my piece of cloth i got when i got my glasses. Works very fine.

Rutger

www.amons.net

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-07-16 06:00:03 -0700, "whisky-dave" <whisky-dave(a)final.front.ear> said:

> Basically the lens on my G10 seems to have attracted some beer/lager drops
> and stains that seemed to have dried into a smear. I ahven;t noticed any
> discussions about such things here for quite a while so was wondering if
> there's any prefered methods or solutions (pun intented)
> Got me wire wool and bleach ready ;-)

That is what happens when you are on your back in a crowded pub, and
the suds are flowing.

A lens cloth with a small area dampened should get this cleaned up
without causing too much damage.
There are also non-alcohol eye-glass lens cleaning fluids for use on
non-glass lenses which you could use instead of water to dampen the
cloth.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Nervous Nick on
On Jul 16, 8:00 am, "whisky-dave" <whisky-d...(a)final.front.ear> wrote:
> Basically the lens on my G10 seems to have attracted some beer/lager drops
> and stains that seemed to have dried into a smear. I ahven;t noticed any
> discussions about such things here for quite a while so was wondering if
> there's any prefered methods or solutions (pun intented)
> Got me wire wool and bleach ready ;-)

Just ask the bartender for a shot of Everclear and a napkin.

--
YOP...