From: Aleksandr Vinokurov on
Slobodan Blazeski <slobodan.blazeski(a)gmail.com> writes:

> On Feb 13, 2:15 pm, Aleksandr Vinokurov <aleksandr....(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I've read the company historyhttp://www.franz.com/about/company.history.lhtmland was attracted to
>> go
>> with its implementation for my start.
> They have very cool technologies in AllegroCache and AllegroGraph but
> be prepared to shell some serious money.

Knowledge is power, so if will know these techonolgies, I'll be able to
choose to put or not to put money in. :)

Aleksandr.

From: frankenstein on
On Feb 11, 10:34 pm, Raffael Cavallaro
<raffaelcavall...(a)pas.espam.s.il.vous.plait.mac.com> wrote:

> 1. Clozure Common Lisp, open source, free of charge, at:
> <http://trac.clozure.com/ccl#GettingClozureCL>

I will probably never be using Common Lisp (it simply sucks) but this
link is the most surprising news I came across reading comp.lang.lisp.
I browsed the Clozure projekt site and it seems to me this is a
fantastic project which would deserve to attract more attention. After
reading comp.lang.lisp for many years although never really using one
of the better know implementations (like CMUCL or SBCLP) Clozure did
not appear on my radar.

Do folks have any experience in using Clozure on different platforms
(Sun OS, Linux and Mac OS X) interchangeably? Or are there quirks on
one platform unheard of on the other?

Hochachtungsvoll,
Schiedsrichter
From: joswig on
On 15 Feb., 19:25, frankenstein <klohmusc...(a)yahoo.de> wrote:
> On Feb 11, 10:34 pm, Raffael Cavallaro
>
> <raffaelcavall...(a)pas.espam.s.il.vous.plait.mac.com> wrote:
> > 1. Clozure Common Lisp, open source, free of charge, at:
> > <http://trac.clozure.com/ccl#GettingClozureCL>
>
> I will probably never be using Common Lisp (it simply sucks) but this
> link is the most surprising news I came across reading comp.lang.lisp.
> I browsed the Clozure projekt site and it seems to me this is a
> fantastic project which would deserve to attract more attention. After
> reading comp.lang.lisp for many years although  never really using one
> of the better know implementations (like CMUCL or SBCLP) Clozure did
> not appear on my radar.
>
> Do folks have any experience in using Clozure on different platforms
> (Sun OS, Linux and Mac OS X) interchangeably? Or are there quirks on
> one platform unheard of on the other?
>
> Hochachtungsvoll,
> Schiedsrichter

I will probably never read your posts (they simply suck), but this
made me curious. Can I direct you to a few wonderful programming
languages that don't just suck? There are a few that even offer
FEXPRs and are so fantastic that they deserve more attention
of yours. After never really reading from you for so many
years on comp.lang.lisp, I will shut down my radar and suggest
that you browse for the cool alternatives that not only suck,
but also blow!

Don't waste your time just sucking!

Herzlichst,
Operettensänger

From: frankenstein on
On Feb 15, 8:03 pm, "jos...(a)corporate-world.lisp.de" <jos...(a)lisp.de>
wrote:

> I will probably never read your posts (they simply suck), but this
> made me curious. Can I direct you to a few wonderful programming
> languages that don't just suck? There are a few that even offer
> FEXPRs and are so fantastic that they deserve more attention
> of yours. After never really reading from you for so many
> years on comp.lang.lisp, I will shut down my radar and suggest
> that you browse for the cool alternatives that not only suck,
> but also blow!
>
> Don't waste your time just sucking!

Rainer in all due honesty I have got no idea what you are talking
about or what you are after. Instead of knee-jerking (do no forget as
a Common Lisp user you will never be on the winner's side) you could
have replied with some anectodes if Clozure delivers on all the
targeted user OS platforms. Rainer sort yourself out please.

Nevertheless, I find Clozure CL an interesting project.

Thanks again to Raffael for posting the link to Clozure.

From: joswig on
On 15 Feb., 21:32, frankenstein <klohmusc...(a)yahoo.de> wrote:
> On Feb 15, 8:03 pm, "jos...(a)corporate-world.lisp.de" <jos...(a)lisp.de>
> wrote:
>
> > I will probably never read your posts (they simply suck), but this
> > made me curious. Can I direct you to a few wonderful programming
> > languages that don't just suck? There are a few that even offer
> > FEXPRs and are so fantastic that they deserve more attention
> > of yours. After never really reading from you for so many
> > years on comp.lang.lisp, I will shut down my radar and suggest
> > that you browse for the cool alternatives that not only suck,
> > but also blow!
>
> > Don't waste your time just sucking!
>
> Rainer in all due honesty I have got no idea what you are talking
> about or what you are after. Instead of knee-jerking (do no forget as
> a Common Lisp user you will never be on the winner's side) you could
> have replied with some anectodes if Clozure delivers on all the
> targeted user OS platforms. Rainer sort yourself out please.
>
> Nevertheless, I find Clozure CL an interesting  project.

It won't help you, because Clozure CL is also only one of the sucking
Common Lisps of the losers.

If you want to start communicate with users of Common Lisp,
you should start writing posts that suck less. For
every Common Lisp that sucks, there is a post of you
that sucks just as much, if not more.

If you could manage to write a non-sucking
mail, I propose that you get in touch with CCL users
and maintainers on their mailing list or its IRC
channel. If you can't write a non-sucking mail I propose
that you suck somewhere else.

Gnädigst,
das tapfere Schneiderlein