First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Is there a better way to store this?
I am writing a 'guess the animal' game for my Lisp book of games. This game uses a binary deduction tree. The thing is this tree needs to be stored to and loaded from disk. This is a simple game and I don't want it to depend on external libraries like object-store. I figure the best way to do this is to store th... 9 Nov 2009 13:16
[ann] LTK based libraries Runtime Library 3.0 and Gestalt Items 1.1
Hi Lisp commuters, It is my distinct pleasure to announce the availability of Runtime Library 3.0 and Gestalt Items 1.1 for LTK and Lisp. Both libraries are written in Tcl/Tk >= version 8.4. LTK based Lisp Wrapper classes are part of the libraries, making them accesible from Lisp. The libraries contain a w... 6 Nov 2009 09:12
simulating local lexical variables with symbol macros
;; LLET is a substitute for LET (for lexical variables) and LFUNCTION ;; is a substitute for FUNCTION for closing over LLET's bindings (as ;; well as LET's). The macroexpansions do not contain LET forms for ;; lexical variables; no code walking is performed; EVAL and APPLY are ;; not involved; these constructs c... 24 Nov 2009 05:34
Mistake in the specification of rotatef ?
In http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/m_rotate.htm we read: "In the form (rotatef place1 place2 ... placen), the values in place1 through placen are read and written". Does it mean "saved" instead of "written" ? And while I'm at it, is there an errata list for the HS somewhere ? ... 5 Nov 2009 11:07
can someone elaborate on this metaprogramming blog entry?
http://john.freml.in/metaprogramming-analogy ... 3 Nov 2009 22:41
URGENT
Hello Subject Distinguished brotherhood is large and dangerous They steal in broad daylight for the funds of the American people without their knowledge Subject and Maver site www.bidnow24.com Is the online auction site Just a photo of her only, and to enter the auction you must subscribe to a certain amount dete... 3 Nov 2009 13:44
help give a macro a good name
Hi list! I saw things like appendf in alexandria. (appendf a b) can be replaced with (a sligtly more verbose, but more general) (arg1f append a b), where (defmacro arg1f (function place &rest args) `(setf ,place (,function ,place ,@args))) and, maybe, (defmacro arg2f (function arg1 place... 9 Nov 2009 07:45
lisp, java and evolution of types
I was reflecting on an observation that MIT is switching to python and libraries rather than lisp and evolving data (lists) for its 6.001 course. Why the reflection? I asked a question on this group recently: "list where java exists," and was satisfied with the answers i received. I went back to sicp and made some ... 2 Nov 2009 12:20
macros for generating lambda functions at runtime
Dear group I'd like to make some closures to speed up operations that are specified at run time, as it is done for regex compilation. So let's take a *very* simple exmaple: CL-USER> (defun foo (value) #'(lambda (x) (eq x value))) FOO CL-USER> foo #<CLOSURE (LAMBDA (X)) {AF278FD}> ... 6 Nov 2009 08:06
Article about lisp and array languages
On Nov 2, 3:12 am, Slobodan Blazeski <slobodan.blaze...(a)gmail.com> wrote: I've written an article about lisp and array languages athttp://www.vector.org.uk/?vol=24&no=2&art=blazeski where I lifted some code written in this newsgroup. Hope you won't sue me :) cheers Slobodan Bobi, Very interesti... 3 Nov 2009 03:49