First  |  Prev |
Pages: 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Next Generation of Language
>From this link http://itpro.nikkeibp.co.jp/a/it/alacarte/iv1221/matsumoto_1.shtml (Note : Japanese) Matsu, the creator of Ruby, said in the next 10 years, 64 or 128 cores desktop computers will be common, it's nearly impossible to simply write that many threads, it should be done automatically, so maybe functio... 18 Jan 2007 20:24
a potential lisp convert, and interpreting the shootout
hi, i am writing to get an idea whether lisp would be useful. so far, i think it would be ideal as a mode of expression, but i'm not sure whether it has (or i would be able to write) memory efficient or sufficiently fast code with it. i have zero lisp experience. i started with perl, then c++, then o'caml. ... 9 Oct 2006 21:22
Pocket Lisp Machine
I have an application that needs lisp and some stealth[1]. Recently I've been looking at TI calculators, since they have some interesting specs, in this case a 68000 processor, the same as in early Macs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TI-89_series Since I'm willing to trash all the calculator side in favor of ge... 28 Sep 2006 09:13
Clipboard Access on Windows
A part of this question is about Lisp/Lisp tools, but other parts of it are not. This is a project that has been brewing for some time, and I would love to hack it in Lisp, but want to see the lay of the land before I pick my tools. I want to build an application that continuously record information about everyt... 24 Sep 2006 00:47
Lis(t|p) comprehensions
I was browsing around lazily when I came across the List comprehensions article in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_comprehensions I looked at the first few lines and I sighed "oh how close-to-natural in terms of mathematical notation! But it looks like Haskell, how would it be in Common Lisp?" ... 27 Jun 2006 13:19
the Modernization of Emacs
Things emacs need to change for modern world: * Change the keyboard shortcut of Copy & Paste to meta-C and meta-V as to be the same with all modern applications. * Change the undo behavior so that there is a Undo and Redo, as the same with all modern applications. * Get rid of the *scratch* buffer. ... 22 May 2006 20:32
Lisp and software architecture
Next month I'm goin to be giving a talk[1] about the effect of programming language on software architecture. I'm thinking about what the heck I'm going to say and how to turn it into an oppotunity to brag on Lisp. So if you have any good war stories about how using Lisp (or any other language for that matter) had ... 12 Apr 2006 23:02
cosx - sinx + 3x2
How can i write this function in drscheme. cosx - sinx + 3x2 ... 2 Jan 2006 17:42
Fas->Lsp Decompiler Project
Hi, I start writting a Fas-Decompiler for AutoCAD Lisp files. http://lisp-decompiler-project.cjb.net I think half of the work is already done. It's of some use in its current form.I'd worked out the specification of the Fas-file-format / how to decrypted & interpret the Fas-Bytecode. So for ex. the output ... 24 May 2005 16:04
Evaulate an arithmetic expression
Hi all, I am writing a program to take derivative of a function and evaluate if given a value. "deriv" is the function to do symbolic derivatives, the signiture is defun deriv (expr var) and the function take derivative of expr with respect to var. so if I do (deriv '(* x x) 'x), it returns (+ x x). (Same a... 14 Feb 2005 20:28