First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Symbol reader macros
Just for the record, the design that I finally settled on as the Right Thing for symbol reader macros was this: (let ( (r (copy-readtable nil)) ) (defun read-symbol (stream) (let ( (*readtable* r) ) (read-preserving-whitespace stream)))) (defvar *enable-symbol-reader-macros* t) (defun symbol... 3 Sep 2009 16:12
Let Over Lambda (ISBN 978-1-4357-1275-1)
ccc31807 <cartercc(a)gmail.com> writes: I thought I was familiar with all recent Lisp books (Seibel, Lamkins, Barski, Levine, etc.) but I hit this one by sheer accident. It doesn't come up on either amazon.com or half.com when you search for lisp programming, and I don't recall it being mentioned on any of ... 3 Sep 2009 07:29
CLOS persistence
Happy New Year group, I would appreciate comments on existing CLOS persistence libraries, in particular elephant vs cl-perec: how reliable/fast each one is, how large is the user base, how active are maintainers etc. For elephant in particular, I'm also interested in performance of Postgresql backend vs Berkeley... 4 Jan 2008 06:59
beggining lisp
After a bit of effort, my first working lisp code which is slightly more complex than printing "hello", it returns the nth fibonacci number. How would you lisp gurus have written the code in the proper lisp way. (defun fib (n) (let ( (f0 0) (f1 1) (counter 1) ) (loop (if (>= counter n) (return-fr... 24 Sep 2007 09:37
Ltk + Slime + Mac OSX 10.4 + (Clisp or SBCL or OpenMCL or CMUCL)
Dear all, today I tried to get Ltk working in my Lisp-environment (as described above). I navigated through the internet trying the ASDF-way and trying the manual way to install everything but all attempts without sucess. Did not get anything working. The reason is highly probable my few experiences doing t... 6 May 2007 06:36
defparameter VS. defvar / setf
Hi, The expression (defparameter *name* initial-value) unconditionally evaluates initial-value and then assigns its result to *name* Contrasting, the expression (defvar *name* initial-value) will only evaluate initial-value and assign its result to *name* if the latter is not already bou... 13 Mar 2007 14:17
A style question
A friend passed on an article regarding the difficulty job candidates had in producing even simple programs (simple as in should take a minute or less). One example was a program to print the numbers 1 to 100 except that "Fizz" should be substituted for numbers divisible by 3, "Buzz" should be substituted for n... 6 Mar 2007 05:05
Map, Filter, and Reduce in Lisp
I'm familiar with map/filter/reduce from other languages. But I can't find a simple doc on how to do these in Lisp! What I find perplexing is that I thought that Lisp invented this paradigm? What is the simplest way of map / filter / reducing a collection (perhaps a list) in Lisp? ... 24 Feb 2007 23:21
Looking for implementation of Lisp / Scheme for mobile devices
Hi All, I'm trying to locate a version of Lisp / Scheme that has been ported to mobile devices (Symbian, Windows Mobile, Linux, etc.). Is anyone aware of an existing project / package or of anyone working on one? Thanks! Charles McKnight ... 24 Feb 2007 18:53
ANN: ABLE 0.1, A Basic Lisp Editor
ABLE is A Basic Lisp Editor released as Free software and built on the excellent LTk library. You can download a very early 0.1 release from: http://phil.nullable.eu/ ....where you can also read the documentation and look at some screenshots. While it won't convert anyone away from Slime, it does have the f... 19 Feb 2007 13:05