From: jamesromeongmail.com on
Squeezeboxserver worked properly on 11.2
I just installed squeezeboxserver 7.5.1 on my 64-bit OpenSUSE 11.3.
When I try to start it, I get:
:/etc/init.d # ./squeezeboxserver start
Starting Squeezebox Server: Can't locate Slim/bootstrap.pm in @INC
(@INC contains: /usr/libexec /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.1/x86_64-
linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.1 /usr/lib/perl5/
vendor_perl/5.12.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/
vendor_perl/5.12.1 /usr/lib/perl5/5.12.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /
usr/lib/perl5/5.12.1 .) at /usr/libexec/squeezeboxserver line 131.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/libexec/squeezeboxserver
line 131.
startproc: exit status of parent of /usr/libexec/squeezeboxserver: 2

perl is installed. What is wrong?

I searched for Slim/bootstrap.pm. It is in /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl,
which does not seem to be in the search path! So I moved Slim/
bootstrap.pm to /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.1
Now it gets further:

../squeezeboxserver start
Starting Squeezebox Server: Use of inherited AUTOLOAD for non-method
YAML::Syck:umpYAML() is deprecated at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/
YAML/Syck.pm line 65.
The following modules failed to load: DBD::mysql EV JSON::XS
YAML::Syck GD Sub::Name

*******

NOTE:

If you're running some unsupported Linux/Unix platform, please use the
buildme.sh
script located here:

http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/sli...k/vendor/CPAN/

You should never need to do this if you're on Windows or Mac OSX. If
the installers
don't work for you, ask for help and/or report a bug.

If 7.5 is outdated by the time you read this, Replace "7.5" with the
major version
of Squeezebox Server you are running.

*******

Exiting..
-------------------------------

And I looked at that build script, and tried to make squeezeboxserver
from source. The install.txt file seems to have no bearing on reality.
And the build script also does not work and references non-existent
things. I used to build it from source many years ago. As I recall,
the perl program downloaded all the necessary files. The buildme.sh
does not. I tried to download all the modules from CPAN, but got stuck
when it wanted to install mysql. I already have it installed, and do
not want 2 versions bouncing around. So I am very stuck. The script
also references very old versions of the modules.

Clearly the slimserver perl program needs modification to work on
OpenSUSE 11.3. I am willing to test things, but need some guidance.

Thanks,
Jim
From: WLS on
jamesromeongmail.com wrote:
> Squeezeboxserver worked properly on 11.2
> I just installed squeezeboxserver 7.5.1 on my 64-bit OpenSUSE 11.3.
> When I try to start it, I get:
> :/etc/init.d # ./squeezeboxserver start
> Starting Squeezebox Server: Can't locate Slim/bootstrap.pm in @INC
> (@INC contains: /usr/libexec /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.1/x86_64-
> linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.1 /usr/lib/perl5/
> vendor_perl/5.12.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/
> vendor_perl/5.12.1 /usr/lib/perl5/5.12.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /
> usr/lib/perl5/5.12.1 .) at /usr/libexec/squeezeboxserver line 131.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/libexec/squeezeboxserver
> line 131.
> startproc: exit status of parent of /usr/libexec/squeezeboxserver: 2
>
> perl is installed. What is wrong?
>
> I searched for Slim/bootstrap.pm. It is in /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl,
> which does not seem to be in the search path! So I moved Slim/
> bootstrap.pm to /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.1
> Now it gets further:
>
> ./squeezeboxserver start
> Starting Squeezebox Server: Use of inherited AUTOLOAD for non-method
> YAML::Syck:umpYAML() is deprecated at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/
> YAML/Syck.pm line 65.
> The following modules failed to load: DBD::mysql EV JSON::XS
> YAML::Syck GD Sub::Name
>

> *******
>
> NOTE:
>
> If you're running some unsupported Linux/Unix platform, please use the
> buildme.sh
> script located here:
>
> http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/sli...k/vendor/CPAN/
>
> You should never need to do this if you're on Windows or Mac OSX. If
> the installers
> don't work for you, ask for help and/or report a bug.
>
> If 7.5 is outdated by the time you read this, Replace "7.5" with the
> major version
> of Squeezebox Server you are running.
>
> *******
>
> Exiting..
> -------------------------------
>
> And I looked at that build script, and tried to make squeezeboxserver
> from source. The install.txt file seems to have no bearing on reality.
> And the build script also does not work and references non-existent
> things. I used to build it from source many years ago. As I recall,
> the perl program downloaded all the necessary files. The buildme.sh
> does not. I tried to download all the modules from CPAN, but got stuck
> when it wanted to install mysql. I already have it installed, and do
> not want 2 versions bouncing around. So I am very stuck. The script
> also references very old versions of the modules.
>
> Clearly the slimserver perl program needs modification to work on
> OpenSUSE 11.3. I am willing to test things, but need some guidance.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

There was an update release yesterday, if that's any help.

http://www.wegotserved.com/2010/06/14/add-in-update-squeezebox-server-v7-5-1/
From: jamesromeongmail.com on
On Jul 15, 10:43 pm, WLS <rafte...(a)verizonREMOVE.net> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > And I looked at that build script, and tried to make squeezeboxserver
> > from source. The install.txt file seems to have no bearing on reality.
> > And the build script also does not work and references non-existent
> > things. I used to build it from source many years ago. As I recall,
> > the perl program downloaded all the necessary files. The buildme.sh
> > does not. I tried to download all the modules from CPAN, but got stuck
> > when it wanted to install mysql. I already have it installed, and do
> > not want 2 versions bouncing around. So I am very stuck. The script
> > also references very old versions of the modules.
>
> > Clearly the slimserver perl program needs modification to work on
> > OpenSUSE 11.3. I am willing to test things, but need some guidance.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Jim
>
> There was an update release yesterday, if that's any help.

I had actually installed 7.5.1. And I just tried the beta of 7.5.2. It
does not work either.
From: J G Miller on
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 07:24:41 -0700, jamesromeongmail.com wrote:

> On Jul 15, 10:43 pm, WLS <rafte...(a)verizonREMOVE.net> wrote:
>> > The following modules failed to load: DBD::mysql EV JSON::XS
>> > YAML::Syck GD Sub::Name
>>
> I had actually installed 7.5.1. And I just tried the beta of 7.5.2. It
> does not work either.

If it is complaining that some PERL modules are not on the system,
either install the relevant PERL module rpms from Yast, or if they
are not available, install them using CPAN.
From: jamesromeongmail.com on

> If it is complaining that some PERL modules are not on the system,
> either install the relevant PERL module rpms from Yast, or if they
> are not available, install them using CPAN.

Slim said they do not support the latest version of Perl. Do the CPAN
modules have to match the perl version? How does one use CPAN? I would
hope that things are not so sensitive to version numbers...

Thanks,
Jim

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2