From: Chris Colbert on
by your definitions, Python is just a wrapper around a C library.

If none of the solutions work for you, roll your own.

From: Chris Withers on
John Nagle wrote:
> That's a wrapper for Antigrain ("http://www.antigrain.com/"), which is
> a C++ library. I'm trying hard to avoid dependencies on binary libraries
> with limited support. Builds exist only for Python 2.4 and 2.5.

Huh?

Matplotlib is a pretty phenomenal charting library, I use it routinely
on both windows and linux, I've never had any compilation problems on
Linux and never even needed to compile it on Windows.

Writing if off as "just a wrapper for antigrain" is pretty insulting...

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
From: Chris Withers on
Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2009-09-16, Alan G Isaac <alan.isaac(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Tkinter is part of the Python standard library:
>
> That doesn't mean you can depend on it being available. It
> doesn't get installed by default on some Linux distros.

That's 'cos some linux distros feel the need to destroy python's
packaging for their own silly reasons...

Take them out and shoot them.

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
From: Piet van Oostrum on

>CW> John Nagle wrote:
>>> That's a wrapper for Antigrain ("http://www.antigrain.com/"), which is
>>> a C++ library. I'm trying hard to avoid dependencies on binary libraries
>>> with limited support. Builds exist only for Python 2.4 and 2.5.

>CW> Huh?

>CW> Matplotlib is a pretty phenomenal charting library, I use it routinely on
>CW> both windows and linux, I've never had any compilation problems on Linux
>CW> and never even needed to compile it on Windows.

>CW> Writing if off as "just a wrapper for antigrain" is pretty insulting...

*You* made up the "just" in that quote. The point was that the OP wants
something that only needs Python.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet(a)cs.uu.nl>
From: Aaron Watters on
On Sep 15, 1:25 pm, John Nagle <na...(a)animats.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for something that can draw simple bar and pie charts
> in Python.  I'm trying to find a Python package, not a wrapper for
> some C library, as this has to run on both Windows and Linux
> and version clashes are a problem.

http://skimpygimpy.sourceforge.net includes charts and canvases
that generate PNG using pure Python. Honestly, they aren't
very pretty though :(.

Also, if you are looking for web display also take a look
at WHIFF Flash charts (using either open flash charts or amcharts)
-- these are very pretty.

http://aaron.oirt.rutgers.edu/myapp/docs/W1100_1600.openFlashCharts

-- Aaron Watters

===
Tee front:
80 minutes / 16 positions / no protection
back:
Rutgers Rugby

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6