From: TXC64 on
Hi all,

I am looking for a copy of a public domain star trek game that I
remember from my youth. This particular game was text based with
limited graphics and included a transporter room. I have found a
version of the game but it doesn't have the transporter room.
According to the copy I have, the game was released June 1983 and was
written by "Jeff" and "Mike".

I don't suppose this rings a bell wih anyone?

Thanks!
From: Gerald Holdsworth on
"TXC64" <timothymarsh(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am looking for a copy of a public domain star trek game that I
> remember from my youth. This particular game was text based with
> limited graphics and included a transporter room. I have found a
> version of the game but it doesn't have the transporter room.
> According to the copy I have, the game was released June 1983 and was
> written by "Jeff" and "Mike".

Not being from the Commodore scene, I haven't a clue....however, I do have
C64 disk images of the following:

Star Trek Interceptor
Star Trek Computer Game Green Valley
Star Trek Kobayashi Alternative
Star Trek Promethean Prophecy
Star Trek Rebel Universe

But they could all be commercial releases - I haven't actually played them
yet.

Hope this is of some help.

Gerald.

From: Brandon Staggs on
"Gerald Holdsworth" wrote on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:45:25 +0100:

> Star Trek Kobayashi Alternative
> Star Trek Promethean Prophecy
> Star Trek Rebel Universe

Those are commercial, licensed titles. The other on C64 was Star Trek
Strategic Operations Simulator.

Anything else is unlicensed (though not necessarily public domain).

--
-Brandon
http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
From: Golan Klinger on
Could it be this one:

<http://www.gb64.com/game.php?id=12098>

If not, you might want to browse through the other 23 games called "Star
Trek" listed in the GameBase64.

--
Golan Klinger
Dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.
From: TXC64 on
Hmmm... none of those. Oh well... thanks for all of the replies!

: )