From: Oliver Moazzezi [MVP] on
Technet documentation is stellar. Some is still being written for 2010, but
I think the information for Exchange is the best across all products.

Also - download Exchange 2010 and use it as a trial in a lab and play with
it.

Oliver

From: RAM on
On Jan 10, 3:39 pm, "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <m...(a)mvps.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 12:21:47 -0500, "Mike O." <putthes...(a)thecan.com>
> wrote:
>

> >We currently have an Exchange 2007 environment with about 5000 users.  We're
> >looking at migrating to Exchange 2010, probably in the next couple of
> >months.
>
> >I am looking for recommendations for a book on Exchange 2010.  Some of our
> >main areas are in data redundancy and migration from 2007.
>
> >The Jim McBee and David Elfassy book, Mastering Exchange Server 2010 was the
> >one I was looking for first (we've used the "Mastering.." series in the
> >past), but it looks like it's not going to be released until April.
>
> >I came across the "Exchange 2010 Unleashed" that looked like it might be
> >useful, but found some reviews that it didn't go into much depth on several
> >of the topics that we'd be looking into (DAG, migration, etc.).
>
> >The "Exchange server 2010 Administrators Pocket Consultant" (700 pages, must
> >be a big pocket!) is out, and since it's a Microsoft Press book, at least it
> >should be accurate, but I'm not sure how much in depth it goes.
>
> >At $60 per book, I want to try to get something that I can use.
>
> >Mike O.
>
> I won't do Bill Stanek's book down but it had to have more than on MS
> KB article published to correct it. I'd wait for Jim's book.
>
> Wait and play with the product. If you haven't been on the TAP for the
> last year you're not going to be in a position to deploy it properly
> until April anyway. If you have been using it for a year or so then
> you don't need the category of book you have been looking at so far.- Hide quoted text -

Mark,

I've been looking for books, too, and an Exchange 2010 class I'm
signed up for lists Stanek's "Administrator's Pocket Consultant" as
recommended reading (this is a Microsoft class). Can you tell us more
about the "more than one MS KB article publishd to correct it"?

-RAM
From: Mark Arnold [MVP] on
Google would be your friend on that one. Not big ones but they were
fundamental ones that caused quite a bit of confusion a few years ago.

Bill's more the writer and has been for several years, just like
Minasi. Jim McBee and others are still at the coal face and have a
better take on things.
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 11:32:19 -0500, "Mark Arnold [MVP]"
<mark(a)mvps.org> wrote:

>Google would be your friend on that one. Not big ones but they were
>fundamental ones that caused quite a bit of confusion a few years ago.
>
>Bill's more the writer and has been for several years, just like
>Minasi. Jim McBee and others are still at the coal face and have a
>better take on things.

Gotta agree.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: RAM on
> On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 11:32:19 -0500, "Mark Arnold [MVP]"
>
> <m...(a)mvps.org> wrote:
> >Google would be your friend on that one. Not big ones but they were
> >fundamental ones that caused quite a bit of confusion a few years ago.

"a few years ago"? Are we talking about the Exchange 2010 version or
a previous version? I did a Google search and came up empty as far as
corrections. Also, the Micorosoft Learning/Microsoft Press Book
Support page said to enter the ISBN number of the book on the MS
Knowledgebase to get a listing of articles that would have been
published as corrections, and that came up empty as well.

-RAM