From: Mark Hobley on
Andy Botterill <andy(a)plymouth2.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> If it happens again I'll try and kill on e-mail addresses and hope.
> Thanks for the info. I have newsgroup articles from 1993 to 2008 and
> 2008 to present (two archives). So a newsreader move would be tricky. Andy

Isn't there an export tool?

--
Mark Hobley
Linux User: #370818 http://markhobley.yi.org/

From: Andy Botterill on
On 01/20/2010 09:08 PM, Mark Hobley wrote:
> Andy Botterill<andy(a)plymouth2.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> If it happens again I'll try and kill on e-mail addresses and hope.
>> Thanks for the info. I have newsgroup articles from 1993 to 2008 and
>> 2008 to present (two archives). So a newsreader move would be tricky. Andy
>
> Isn't there an export tool?

Err when I moved from mozilla news/mail to thunderbird I had an archive
from 1993 to 2008. I have another archive from 2008 onwards.
Unfortunately I cannot figure any way of merging the two archives. The
ability to merge the two archives would be a good incentive to move to a
new/improved newsreader. The first archive is in a local folders. The
second archive is as a regular news database. Andy
From: Andy Botterill on
On 01/20/2010 08:59 PM, Craig Wallace wrote:
> On 20/01/2010 19:47, Andy Botterill wrote:

> The filtering in Thunderbird v3 is improved quite a bit over previous
> versions, so its now possible to filter on the newsgroup line.
>
> Though it seems its only possible to filter incoming messages to
> newsgroups, not those messages that have already been downloaded.

I have downloaded v3 and an using it now. I shall cross my fingers that
the idiots from other newsgroups don't return. Thanks Andy