From: Storm on
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:49:51 GMT, 7
<website_has_email(a)www.enemygadgets.com> wrote:

>Another Micoshfat

Mico?? Mico what?

>Wherever you turn, Linux is now a highly paid profession

Linux is an operating system with different "flavours" and distros,
and is not a "profession"

>Linux has turned from hobby to strict businesses

What's a "strict businesses"?

An image of paid for ladies with whips and long boots springs to mind
;-) Something you're not telling us here?

>The joke is on micoshaft to produce cheaper products than Linux

But mostly Linux is free, supported by the community so how can you
produce a cheaper product? PAy someone to use it perhaps?

Rest of the post was a bit of a random rant, so snipped.

Just my thoughts, I'd be interested in your considered views.

From: Ezekiel on

"Storm" <nospam(a)all.ever> wrote in message
> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:49:51 GMT, 7
> <website_has_email(a)www.enemygadgets.com> wrote:
>

> What's a "strict businesses"?

Translation - 75% of the Linux kernel is now effectively controlled by
corporate America. Techinically it's "open source" so somone like chrsiv,
7, and Dumb Willy can fork their own version of the kernel.

( I'll wait while you stop laughing.....)

Meanwhile - the defacto standard one and only true Linux kernel remains
under the control of corporate America.

From: Ezekiel on

"Rick" <none(a)mail.invalid> wrote in message
> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:16:30 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:
>
>> "Storm" <nospam(a)all.ever> wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:49:51 GMT, 7
>>> <website_has_email(a)www.enemygadgets.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> What's a "strict businesses"?
>>
>> Translation - 75% of the Linux kernel is now effectively controlled by
>> corporate America. Techinically it's "open source" so somone like
>> chrsiv, 7, and Dumb Willy can fork their own version of the kernel.
>>
>> ( I'll wait while you stop laughing.....)
>>
>> Meanwhile - the defacto standard one and only true Linux kernel remains
>> under the control of corporate America.
>

> Which "true Linux Kernel" would that be?

How many different Linux kernels exist today?

And before you make a complete idiot of yourself - "version numbers" (ie -
different releases of the *same* kernel) don't count as "different kernels."

From: Conor on
In article <3_36n.29748$Ym4.20292(a)text.news.virginmedia.com>, 7 says...

> Another Micoshfat centric myth dies: 75% of Linux developers are now paid
>
> Wherever you turn, Linux is now a highly paid profession with support
> and paid up engineers.

So now that 75% of them have sold out to "the man", do you expect them
to have the communities interest at heart?

--
Conor

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everybody equally.
From: Erik Funkenbusch on
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 20:38:00 GMT, 7 wrote:

> Doh!
>
> It is fool, the set of Linux developers that is paid is still 75% of code
> developers that is paid to develop Linux code in a 1:1 set relation
> regardless of how else they may or may not get paid additionally, directly,
> indirectly, before tax or after tax.

No, 7.

75% of the code in the linux kernel is written by paid developers.

That 75% of code could have been written by 1 person, or 2000, but
regardless, the amount of code is not equal to the number of programmers.

So no, 75% of linux developers are not paid.