From: Storm on
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:46:42 GMT, 7
<website_has_email(a)www.enemygadgets.com> wrote:

>Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 20:38:00 GMT, 7 wrote:
>>
>>> Doh!
>>>
>>> It is fool, the set of Linux developers that is paid is still 75% of code
>>> developers that is paid to develop Linux code in a 1:1 set relation
>>> regardless of how else they may or may not get paid additionally,
>>> directly, indirectly, before tax or after tax.
>>
>> No, 7.
>>
>> 75% of the code in the linux kernel is written by paid developers.
>>
>> That 75% of code could have been written by 1 person, or 2000, but
>> regardless, the amount of code is not equal to the number of programmers.
>

>Oh! Doooh!!!!!!
>
>Can't your read fool?
>75% of LINUX DEVELOPERS are still paid Linux developers whether its 1 person

This makes no sense whatsoever. Your maths is totally faulty. (Like
your reasoning).

Let me explain:

If 75% of paid Linux "developers" are 1 person, (according to your
rather rude post) then 100% (i.e. all) linux developers are 1.33r
people. So according to your reasoning the entire "paid" Linux
development contigent on the planet consist of 1 and one third people.
How can there be a third of a person, and if this one third pseron
exists, which bit does the development?

Eh?

From: Hadron on
Storm <nospam(a)all.ever> writes:

> On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:46:42 GMT, 7
> <website_has_email(a)www.enemygadgets.com> wrote:
>
>>Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

>>> No, 7.
>>>
>>> 75% of the code in the linux kernel is written by paid developers.
>>>
>>> That 75% of code could have been written by 1 person, or 2000, but
>>> regardless, the amount of code is not equal to the number of programmers.
>>

>>Oh! Doooh!!!!!!
>>
>>Can't your read fool?
>>75% of LINUX DEVELOPERS are still paid Linux developers whether its 1 person
>
> This makes no sense whatsoever. Your maths is totally faulty. (Like
> your reasoning).
>
> Let me explain:
>
> If 75% of paid Linux "developers" are 1 person, (according to your
> rather rude post) then 100% (i.e. all) linux developers are 1.33r
> people. So according to your reasoning the entire "paid" Linux
> development contigent on the planet consist of 1 and one third people.
> How can there be a third of a person, and if this one third pseron
> exists, which bit does the development?

I dont think I ever saw such a silly post.
From: Storm on
On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 01:28:54 +0100, Hadron<hadronquark(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>Storm <nospam(a)all.ever> writes:
>
>> On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:46:42 GMT, 7
>>id Linux developers whether its 1 person

<snip>

>> This makes no sense whatsoever. Your maths is totally faulty. (Like
>> your reasoning).
>>
>> Let me explain:
>>
>> If 75% of paid Linux "developers" are 1 person, (according to your
>> rather rude post) then 100% (i.e. all) linux developers are 1.33r
>> people. So according to your reasoning the entire "paid" Linux
>> development contigent on the planet consist of 1 and one third people.
>> How can there be a third of a person, and if this one third pseron
>> exists, which bit does the development?
>>

>I dont think I ever saw such a silly post.

You ought to read more postings ;-)

From: johannes on

So wot?
From: 7 on
David Cowie wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:49:51 +0000, 7 wrote:
>
>> Another Micoshfat centric myth dies: 75% of Linux developers are now
>> paid
>
> I refuse to take you seriously if you cannot spell Micro$oft correctly.

why?