From: Willy on
I've got Hidden Files Enabled now, still lost pst, however, I've a copy of
Outlook.pst file I had on a CD-RW as backup, copied it to appropriate folder
but it won't let me open Outlook as it says I do not have authority/access
but I'm logged on as Administrator??????????????
--
Thanks, Bill
Post replies back to News Group

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> I've got Hidden Files Enabled now, still lost pst, however, I've a copy of
> Outlook.pst file I had on a CD-RW as backup, copied it to appropriate folder
> but it won't let me open Outlook as it says I do not have authority/access
> but I'm logged on as Administrator??????????????

Right-click, choose Properties, uncheck "Read only". Now try to open it again
in Outlook with File>Open>Outlook Data File.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> How is that done Brian?

Open Windows Explorer. Click Tools>Folder Options. Select the View tab.
Select the radio button "Show hidden files and folders". It's a good idea as
well to uncheck the box "Hide extensions for known file types".
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Willy on
Brian, this got the backup from month ago working. Original must have got
deleted as a result of my not closing Outlook when deleting other programs.
Lesson learned.

From: Willy on
Brian, even though I now have my backup outlook.pst in the proper folder and
after doing as you suggested, a search will still not find outlook.pst or
*.pst, and Outlook is Closed when doing this search. I've triple cheeked
spelling, C: drive, etc. Wonder why it's not finding it though I see it? I
wonder now if my up to date outlook.pst is on here but just not being found?
--

> "Willy" <justask(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> How is that done Brian?
>
> Open Windows Explorer. Click Tools>Folder Options. Select the View tab.
> Select the radio button "Show hidden files and folders". It's a good idea
> as well to uncheck the box "Hide extensions for known file types".
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4