From: Willy on
I'm using XP SP3 with IE8, tonight I uninstall a program and it required a
Restart, when it came back up, my Outlook.pst file is missing. I searched
entire hard drive, no file. I then did a System Restore and again file was
missing.
Any ideas or suggestions out there? I mainly use Outlook 2003 for the
calendar feature to keep up with appointments etc.
--
Thanks, Bill
Post replies back to News Group

From: DL on
You have to search to include hidden for *.pst
System restore has no baring on data files, only your backup restores data

From: Willy on
I did a search of all files & folders on C: for *.pst, found nothing. Guess
it's gone for ever :-(

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

>I did a search of all files & folders on C: for *.pst, found nothing.

But did you enable viewing hidden files and folders before searching? If not,
you won't find it.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Willy on
How is that done Brian?
--

"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" <tillman1952(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Willy" <justask(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I did a search of all files & folders on C: for *.pst, found nothing.
>
> But did you enable viewing hidden files and folders before searching? If
> not, you won't find it.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

 |  Next  |  Last