From: Audio1 on
bob wrote:
> has anyone tried to do the LED conversion on a two AA maglight?
>
> Where you happy with the results if you did?
>
> bob

Save yourself time and hassle and buy a small flashlight engineered for
an LED from the start. They aren't that expensive and you'll be much
happier.
From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Audio1(a)teranews.com" <Audio1(a)where.net> wrote in message
> bob wrote:
>> has anyone tried to do the LED conversion on a two AA maglight?
>>
>> Where you happy with the results if you did?
>>
>> bob
>
> Save yourself time and hassle and buy a small flashlight engineered for an
> LED from the start. They aren't that expensive and you'll be much
> happier.

advanced auto parts has a 5 led pocket sized light for like 3$ I bought 10
of them
George

From: GregS on
In article <hn42m2$6sj$1(a)speranza.aioe.org>, bob <sound(a)inetnebr.com> wrote:
>has anyone tried to do the LED conversion on a two AA maglight?
>
>Where you happy with the results if you did?

No but, I bought someone the regular AA Mag LED and I was impressed.
It did focus.

I like my River Rocks from Target, except they don't sell them now.
I liked my Dorcey's but the switches break.
I think these guys have th deals.....
http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.901

greg
From: George's Pro Sound Co. on
Best $2.50 flashlight available

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_9-BULB-LED-FLASHLIGHT-Performance-Tools_10090078-P_N3092_A|GRP2027____

From: Bigguy on
On 08/03/2010 23:53, bob wrote:
> has anyone tried to do the LED conversion on a two AA maglight?
>
> Where you happy with the results if you did?
>
> bob

I'd avoid both the LED Mag conversions and the LED Maglites.

The conversions are poor to average and battery life is not too good either.

The LED Maglites have performed poorly for me; six of our engineers were
issued with them and they are all now using something else...

Problems included;
intermittent switches
poor battery life
and a 'feature' of the LED Maglites - they have a built in voltage
regulator to maintain lamp brightness over time; this works...
A side effect is that the torch works fine and bright right up till the
moment the light cuts out.
Great when you're up a ladder or in a roof-space - no warning, no
dimming, just nowt, nada, darkness. Wait a while and it may be bright
for a short time again...

I think this feature may have been causing the reports of 'intermittent
switches'.

I'm using a Gerber Tritac at present. Very happy with it. Solid alloy
build, O rings.
Not super-bright, but more than enough and months of battery life (2 x AA).

http://www.cases4less.com/detail_gerber_tritac.html

http://www.brightguy.com/products/Gerber_TRITAC.php

http://www.gerber-tools.com/images/Gerber-TRITAC-22-80047-600x423.jpg

Guy