From: bob on
has anyone tried to do the LED conversion on a two AA maglight?

Where you happy with the results if you did?

bob
From: JWald on
I hated it. Light was nowhere near bright enough to be useful for anything,
and you lose the focus ability.

--
J Wald

From: Denny Strauser on
bob wrote:
> has anyone tried to do the LED conversion on a two AA maglight?
>
> Where you happy with the results if you did?
>
> bob

I bought a few inexpensive LED lights & headlamps from
http://goldengadgets.com/
I bought a couple of them for about $5.00US, batteries included & free
shipping. They have a bunch of cool stuff, and the sale items are a
steal. The only thing I liked better about the mini-mag is the holster.
I now carry my flashlight on a lanyard. I stick it down my shirt when at
the mixing board.

They also have USB items, UV LED's, & LED screw in replacements for
common light bulbs.

-Denny
From: Arny Krueger on

"bob" <sound(a)inetnebr.com> wrote in message

> has anyone tried to do the LED conversion on a two AA maglight?

I worked up my own universal LED conversion. I went to Radio Shack and
picked up a 2-pack of regular incadescent flashlight bulbs and a selection
of their high-brightness white LEDs. I gutted the bulbs and test-soldered a
number of LEDs into them, until I found the best one. Total bill for parts
was still less than any ready-made conversion I've seen and works great.
Great brightness and great battery life.

From: Federico on

>I hated it. Light was nowhere near bright enough to be useful for anything,
> and you lose the focus ability.

Same for me.
F.