From: GregS on
In article <soOdnY5ugeKuyAvWnZ2dnUVZ_smdnZ2d(a)earthlink.com>, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>Best $2.50 flashlight available
>
>http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_9-BULB-LED-F
>LASHLIGHT-Performance-Tools_10090078-P_N3092_A|GRP2027____

I have had a couple like this. They became unreliable with flickering LED's.
The soldering on the board was terrible, and I could not
fix them. It could be some models work.

Two things I hate, bluish LED's and flickering LED's.

greg
From: GregS on
In article <7vn4obF6bnU1(a)mid.individual.net>, Bigguy <bigguy(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>On 08/03/2010 23:53, bob wrote:
>> has anyone tried to do the LED conversion on a two AA maglight?
>>
>> Where you happy with the results if you did?
>>
>> bob
>
>I'd avoid both the LED Mag conversions and the LED Maglites.
>
>The conversions are poor to average and battery life is not too good either.
>
>The LED Maglites have performed poorly for me; six of our engineers were
>issued with them and they are all now using something else...
>
>Problems included;
>intermittent switches
>poor battery life
>and a 'feature' of the LED Maglites - they have a built in voltage
>regulator to maintain lamp brightness over time; this works...
>A side effect is that the torch works fine and bright right up till the
>moment the light cuts out.
>Great when you're up a ladder or in a roof-space - no warning, no
>dimming, just nowt, nada, darkness. Wait a while and it may be bright
>for a short time again...

The 3 volt to 4.5 volt converter will maintain brightness over
a time period. I only have 1 flashlight like that,2AA, and it does NOT cut off,
it just starts dimming, very gradually. I like that flashlight, and it has a warm white
color. I think Luxeons are poor for white light. The Cree's are much
better.

greg

From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 08/03/2010 23:53, in article hn42m2$6sj$1(a)speranza.aioe.org, "bob"
<sound(a)inetnebr.com> wrote:

> has anyone tried to do the LED conversion on a two AA maglight?
>
> Where you happy with the results if you did?

Using this now:
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001OXC4DS/>

Very happy with it so far.

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"GregS" <zekfrivo(a)zekfrivolous.com> wrote in message
> In article <soOdnY5ugeKuyAvWnZ2dnUVZ_smdnZ2d(a)earthlink.com>, "George's Pro
> Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>>Best $2.50 flashlight available
>>
>>http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_9-BULB-LED-F
>>LASHLIGHT-Performance-Tools_10090078-P_N3092_A|GRP2027____
>>

> I have had a couple like this. They became unreliable with flickering
> LED's.
> The soldering on the board was terrible, and I could not
> fix them. It could be some models work.
>
> Two things I hate, bluish LED's and flickering LED's.

that is an odd positionj IMO as the entire unit costs less than a 2 pack of
procells
if it fucks off you toss it and open a new one, mine have months of trouble
free service so far

From: Getting Older and Grumpier Gear Minion on
On Mar 9, 9:02 am, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Best $2.50  flashlight available
>
> http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_9-...GRP2027____

Just picked up a couple myself, you can hardly believe the deal (-;
Cost less than my laser/LED keychain from wallyworld and
came with batterries to boot.
Go George!!