From: Dustin Cook on
Robin Bignall <docrobin(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in

> About 20 minutes into a full scan of my system (XP Pro/SP3) with the
> latest version of MBAM the system hangs and needs a hard reset to
> recover. I've tried it three times today running unattended with no
> other applications. Anybody having the same problem?

Are you using the registered version or the freeware version?
You may want to run chkdsk /f just to be on the safe side.

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

From: Max Wachtel on
#11 Thou shalt not feed thine trolls, neither shalt thou removest them
from thine killfile.
From: Heather on

"Max Wachtel" <maxpro4u(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> #11 Thou shalt not feed thine trolls, neither shalt thou removest them
> from thine killfile.

Oh boy, have you got that one right!!!!!!!!!!

It is so nice with BD, Jenn and Butts killfiled.......until someone starts
yet another futile *nyah nyah* bunch of posts.....and doesn't delete what
they are saying.......sigh.

From: Robin Bignall on
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 02:12:41 -0500, "Lil' Abner" <blvstk(a)dogpatch.com>
wrote:

>Robin Bignall <docrobin(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in
>
>> About 20 minutes into a full scan of my system (XP Pro/SP3) with the
>> latest version of MBAM the system hangs and needs a hard reset to
>> recover. I've tried it three times today running unattended with no
>> other applications. Anybody having the same problem?
>
>I just updated mine and ran a quick scan with no problems. I haven't run a
>full scan forever since the full scan has never caught anything for me that
>the quick scan didn't.
>I find it interesting that less than 24 hours after you posted, there were
>only 4 posts out of 20 that were on topic. Even the most respected old
>timers have ignored your subject line and are now once again feeding the
>trolls.
>I'd like to help but I can't duplicate the problem. I am already a member
>of that forum so I could repost your problem in there for you if you so
>desire. The registering problem is most likely temporary.

That would be kind of you. Renaming MBAM to something else is not the
problem: as I said, the program runs for about 20 minutes and is
scanning, before the PC freezes. I'll try a quick scan and report
back. I date back to the era when in Britain Robin was a name for
males.
--
Robin
(BrE)
From: Robin Bignall on
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 07:39:38 GMT, sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye)
wrote:

>docrobin(a)ntlworld.com wrote:
>
>>About 20 minutes into a full scan of my system (XP Pro/SP3) with the
>>latest version of MBAM the system hangs and needs a hard reset to
>>recover. I've tried it three times today running unattended with no
>>other applications. Anybody having the same problem?
>
>Have you tried running MBAM in safe mode? Have you tried turning off
>processes that aren't vital when you run MBAM?

As Peter said, I wouldn't have thought that was necessary. It
certainly hasn't been before.
--
Robin
(BrE)