From: Geoff on
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:27:07 -0500, "Leo" <nomail(a)for.me> wrote:

>The version of MSE I'm running disabled Defender during installation.
>
>Microsoft Security Essentials Version: 1.0.1961.0
>Antimalware Client Version: 2.1.6519.0
>Engine Version: 1.1.5703.0
>Antivirus definitions: 1.81.28.0
>Antispyware definitions: 1.81.28.0

I uninstalled both of them and reinstalled MSSE from the web site last
week. I don't care about whether it disables WD anymore, it's history.
All my systems are XP and will never see Vista, Windows 7 will come
with new hardware. There is no doubt that it was hurting performance
of the system, it would take huge lags where it was CPU bound trying
to load a simple program or open the browser. It also looks like they
multithreaded the msseces.exe because it used to have only 2 threads,
now it has 11 at idle.

Now if they could only fix explorer.exe so it doesn't generate 2 page
faults per second doing nothing it would be a perfect world. :)

Microsoft Security Essentials Version: 1.0.1961.0
Antimalware Client Version: 2.1.6519.0
Engine Version: 1.1.5703.0
Antivirus definitions: 1.81.79.0
Antispyware definitions: 1.81.79.0