From: MM on
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 07:01:18 GMT, sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye)
wrote:

>MM <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Fair enough, but the fact is that the grid is buggy if it won't
>>display more than 65,535 records.
>
>Why does that make it buggy?

Because Microsoft have confirmed it. See Q253211.

> It's a practical limitation.

No, it's not. It's a bug.

> No human can
>possibly process 64k of records, let along the amount you're trying to do.

That's a matter of opinion. You cannot prevent people from seeing past
65535 because YOU don't think they ought to!

MM
From: MM on
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:39:12 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
wrote:

>MM formulated on Thursday :
>> I have the problem described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article
>> Q253211. I have 400,000 rows (i.e. way more than 65,535) and when I
>> scroll vertically, then release the scrollbar thumb, it snaps back up
>> to near the top.
>>
>> I'm on VB6 SP6 already. Does anyone know of a fix?
>
>I don't think that one supports a "virtual" mode, does it? I use the
>ComponentOne grid (VSFlexGrid) in virtual mode whenever I get more than
>a few thousand cells going. It's *lightening* fast, and has no
>practical limits, when used that way.
>
>Did you snag all those C1 controls when they were offered free?

I've checked my backups and I have something called
c1enterprise_303.zip. Is this still valid today?

MM
From: Karl E. Peterson on
MM formulated the question :
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:39:12 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
> wrote:
>
>> MM formulated on Thursday :
>>> I have the problem described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article
>>> Q253211. I have 400,000 rows (i.e. way more than 65,535) and when I
>>> scroll vertically, then release the scrollbar thumb, it snaps back up
>>> to near the top.
>>>
>>> I'm on VB6 SP6 already. Does anyone know of a fix?
>>
>> I don't think that one supports a "virtual" mode, does it? I use the
>> ComponentOne grid (VSFlexGrid) in virtual mode whenever I get more than
>> a few thousand cells going. It's *lightening* fast, and has no
>> practical limits, when used that way.
>>
>> Did you snag all those C1 controls when they were offered free?
>
> I've checked my backups and I have something called
> c1enterprise_303.zip. Is this still valid today?

I think so, yeah. I've installed some of them as recently as a few
months ago on a new system.

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

From: MM on
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:51:37 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
wrote:

>MM formulated the question :
>> On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:39:12 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> MM formulated on Thursday :

>>> I don't think that one supports a "virtual" mode, does it? I use the
>>> ComponentOne grid (VSFlexGrid) in virtual mode whenever I get more than
>>> a few thousand cells going. It's *lightening* fast, and has no
>>> practical limits, when used that way.
>>>
>>> Did you snag all those C1 controls when they were offered free?
>>
>> I've checked my backups and I have something called
>> c1enterprise_303.zip. Is this still valid today?
>
>I think so, yeah. I've installed some of them as recently as a few
>months ago on a new system.

So are these controls free forever? I can confirm that I installed the
vsFlexGrid 8.0, using the registration number I received years ago and
it all worked, no probs. In the intervening years I have changed my
'username' and my email address several times, yet the control still
got licensed okay!

MM
From: Karl E. Peterson on
MM expressed precisely :
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:51:37 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
> wrote:
>
>> MM formulated the question :

>>> I've checked my backups and I have something called
>>> c1enterprise_303.zip. Is this still valid today?
>>
>> I think so, yeah. I've installed some of them as recently as a few
>> months ago on a new system.
>
> So are these controls free forever?

Afaik, sure, why not?

> I can confirm that I installed the
> vsFlexGrid 8.0, using the registration number I received years ago and
> it all worked, no probs. In the intervening years I have changed my
> 'username' and my email address several times, yet the control still
> got licensed okay!

There ya go. :-)