From: MM on
I have the problem described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article
Q253211. I have 400,000 rows (i.e. way more than 65,535) and when I
scroll vertically, then release the scrollbar thumb, it snaps back up
to near the top.

I'm on VB6 SP6 already. Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks.

MM
From: DanS on
MM <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in

> I have the problem described in Microsoft Knowledge Base
> article Q253211. I have 400,000 rows (i.e. way more than
> 65,535) and when I scroll vertically, then release the
> scrollbar thumb, it snaps back up to near the top.
>
> I'm on VB6 SP6 already. Does anyone know of a fix?

It doesn't say but does this only happen when the control is
databound ?

Drop back 10 and punt ?

Change to a virtual Listview ?

Or HyperlistNG (to do the virtual listview the easy way)-
http://planetsourcecode.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=
66732&lngWId=1 , but the OCX for this is huge @ around 600K.

From: Paul Clement on
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:33:23 +0100, MM <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

� I have the problem described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article
� Q253211. I have 400,000 rows (i.e. way more than 65,535) and when I
� scroll vertically, then release the scrollbar thumb, it snaps back up
� to near the top.

� I'm on VB6 SP6 already. Does anyone know of a fix?

Have you tried paging? You can't display that many rows at a time so why load them?

How To Display Recordset 'Pages' in an MSFlexGrid Control Without Loading Entire Recordset into the
Grid
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254117

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
From: MM on
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:19:31 -0500, Paul Clement
<UseAdddressAtEndofMessage(a)swspectrum.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:33:23 +0100, MM <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>� I have the problem described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article
>� Q253211. I have 400,000 rows (i.e. way more than 65,535) and when I
>� scroll vertically, then release the scrollbar thumb, it snaps back up
>� to near the top.
>�
>� I'm on VB6 SP6 already. Does anyone know of a fix?
>
>Have you tried paging? You can't display that many rows at a time so why load them?
>
>How To Display Recordset 'Pages' in an MSFlexGrid Control Without Loading Entire Recordset into the
>Grid
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254117

That's a possibility. I'll have a look.

MM
From: Karl E. Peterson on
MM formulated on Thursday :
> I have the problem described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article
> Q253211. I have 400,000 rows (i.e. way more than 65,535) and when I
> scroll vertically, then release the scrollbar thumb, it snaps back up
> to near the top.
>
> I'm on VB6 SP6 already. Does anyone know of a fix?

I don't think that one supports a "virtual" mode, does it? I use the
ComponentOne grid (VSFlexGrid) in virtual mode whenever I get more than
a few thousand cells going. It's *lightening* fast, and has no
practical limits, when used that way.

Did you snag all those C1 controls when they were offered free?