From: Laurel on
Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the
news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these
and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this
newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something.

TIA
LAS

From: Paul Clement on
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail(a)Hotmail.com> wrote:

� Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the
� news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these
� and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this
� newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something.

� TIA
� LAS

For developers:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officedev

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
From: Jeff Johnson on
"Laurel" <FakeMail(a)Hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the
> news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about
> these and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this
> newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something.

You can sign up at the free USENET server Eternal-September:
http://www.eternal-september.org. It's what I and several other folks in
this group did.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Jeff Johnson pretended :
> "Laurel" <FakeMail(a)Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the
>> news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these
>> and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this
>> newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something.
>
> You can sign up at the free USENET server Eternal-September:
> http://www.eternal-september.org. It's what I and several other folks in this
> group did.

Laurel, to amplify on Jeff's suggestion, most of the m.p.* hierarchy
that Microsoft used to host continues to exist on the free usenet. So,
sign up for an account at E-S, log onto their server, and you should
find the groups you lost! :-)

From: David Kerber on
In article <#wRDr3LCLHA.5476(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, FakeMail(a)Hotmail.com
says...

> Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the
> news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these
> and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this
> newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something.
>
> TIA
> LAS

ALL newsgroups are going to disappear from Microsoft's servers by the
end of the year. Try getting the same groups on Eternal September or
another 3rd party news hosting service. That's where I'm getting this
group from.