From: Laurel on
Thanks, but what I need is "newuser" for both. Or "general."

From: Laurel on
I'm having problems with Eternal September (see previous reply in this
thread). Can I use other 3rd party hosting services via Outlook Express?
Can you suggest some other services?

I obviously know almost nothing about the structure of newsgroups. Do those
newsgroups that I used to use still exist? Just not accessible via
MicroSoft?

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Laurel pretended :
> I'm having problems with Eternal September (see previous reply in this
> thread). Can I use other 3rd party hosting services via Outlook Express?

Yes, of course. Just add another server, and point it at
news.eternal-september.org, then download all the groups and subscribe
to those of interest.

> I obviously know almost nothing about the structure of newsgroups. Do those
> newsgroups that I used to use still exist? Just not accessible via
> MicroSoft?

Yep, almost certainly.

From: Cimjet on
Hi Laurel
What problem are you having with eternal-september.org.
Maybe we can help, I'm using it and it works fine. I've got Windows Vista with
Windows Mail.
Regards
Cimjet

From: Paul Clement on
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 16:00:00 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail(a)Hotmail.com> wrote:

� Thanks, but what I need is "newuser" for both. Or "general."

The below link was in the newsgroup closing announcement:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeword

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)